The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2011, 11:06 AM

possumpoint is on a distinguished road
Default A Little SLow

Just found the member introduction threads in the "Back at the Lodge" forum. Let me introduce myself.

65 year old, retired twice, living with my wife of 41 years who encouraged me to return to fly fishing last year after a long absence. First thirty years, worked for a public utility. Then worked as a cabinet/furniture maker till I became allergic to the dust.

I tie my own flies (rather badly) and fish them to anything that will bite. Was introduced to trout fishing on vacation last summer. Had so much fun, I traveled twice last fall to Douthat State Park, VA. to feed the new addiction. Living east of I-95 the water here about is usually too warm for trout. They do however, stock a local fishing pond during the fall and spring.
Old 06-20-2011, 09:19 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough
Default Re: A Little SLow

Don't worry possum point. My wife is happy to get me out of the house fishing now and then and after 42 years this August I guess she needs the occasional break. And as long as your flies catch fish who cares What they look like?!
Old 06-20-2011, 09:29 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

possumpoint: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! There are a lot of great folks on this forum that have an incredible amount of knowledge about fly fishing, so don't hesitate in asking questions!

Larry

Old 06-20-2011, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello and welcome

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 06-20-2011, 11:48 AM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

possum point,

I am glad you made back to fly-fishing again.... after some time away. Welcome to the forum.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-20-2011, 01:07 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

to the forum and to the terminal addiction of fly fishing. I'm glad you returned to the sport. I look forward to reading what you have to share. There are folks here who can assist you with every aspect of fly fishing including improving your tying.;-) I look forward to reading your posts and hopefully seeing pictures of the fish you catch.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 06-20-2011, 01:14 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

possunpoint

Welcome to the forum!!! Any questions you have just ask and the fine members here will happily answer. Look forward to reading your post of your fly fishing adventures!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-20-2011, 01:55 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

possumpoint....+1....lots of great and helpful people here
Old 07-01-2011, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Possumpoint just saw your intro-- welcome to the forum, glad to have on board here. It sounds like you've been having some fun tying and chasing trout but it sounds like a haul to get to decent trout country (it is for me too).

Anything else that might be closer like smallmouth or largemouth? They'll give your fly rod a work out.

And keep your eye out for our fly swaps-- we'll be running a bunch more soon-- everyone is always welcome to jump in regardless of experience, so if you see one that floats your boat, just holler.
Old 07-15-2011, 07:13 AM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! Great people on here that are more than willing to help so ask a lot of questions and show us your pics, we'd love to see them!!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)