The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2007, 11:47 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Introductions

RYB,

Your season is a little ahead of ours. Tell us about your fishing gear. Can you buy Russian made rods and reels or do they come from outside your country? What lines are you using. I have talked to fly fishers from all over the world but you are the first Russian.

Frank
Old 10-03-2007, 12:14 PM

RYB is on a distinguished road

Well, it's not only bears and frosts
As everywhere we can have only few manufacturers of, let me say, vintage(but sooner or later...)tackles from US or Europe. So a russian company followed some former Big Boys and makes an OEM-projects rods. Their designer is a great flyfisher and a good man- Andrey Sokolov. Many russians like these rods. But as for me I use other rods and reels. But this time I'm fond of my STICK-it's my own custom build rod that features xtra-mega-super fast action #4", 7,6". It was made for trout creeks with skagit line. But it works good for walleye too where long distance, big/bulky flies and heavy strike are the must. The line is also custom made- it's total length (no leader) is 10 feet, and the leader may vary from 8" to 12". Flies, as you can guess, are mine but inspired by Ed Ward's Intruder.
I think that is all...
Old 10-26-2007, 03:10 PM

George is on a distinguished road

Hello Steve and JayMor, my name is george and i am a new member to this forum. It will be good to be able to relate to other fly fishng folks who love the great outdoor & the gift of fly fishing like i do. Some history on my self, I hale from southern california but now live in Whitehouse Tx. I love the big sky country like the HighSerrias and the Rockys, to me that is the only way to really enjoy the fly fishing expiereance. Most of my fly fishing expierance i taught my self,i also love to tie flys and also taught my self by reading books and watching videos. At this time i am preseantly attending your basic fly fishing class Steve at TJC and i am really enjoying it to the max. Well i am still learning how to use this forum but getting it fast. I enjoy searching for information on the other threads and promise to try and share info with other fly fishing Fanatics. ( Good Fishing Forum Member George!)
Old 10-26-2007, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Hi George,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post. Where in the high Sierras did you fish?

Frank
Old 10-26-2007, 04:19 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group George and RYB! Quite a group we've got here, E TX and Russia!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi George,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post. Where in the high Sierras did you fish?

Frank
Hello Frank, Thank you for your welcome. I hope that i am useing this thread properly i am not good on the computer, trying to learn how to follow the promp`s. As for your question on where i fished in the Seirras mostley the eastern side,Bishop was my favorit_ up aroud bishop creek, lake sabrina,south lake,northlake. I also did some on the owens river and lake crawley.Lake crawley is better know as the jewal of the seirras. I use to also go hunting with my Dad and friends in Kizers pass which is on the western side of the seirras,so was able to fish the san juaqen river a few times. The seirras are a beutifull moutaine range and although i never fly fished at that time (wished i had) mostly conventional spin cast fishing. It was not untill i moved to Tx that i became interested in fly fishing. Well i think that i have talked enough for now better save some for later!!! Thanks again, George
Old 10-27-2007, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
Welcome to the group George and RYB! Quite a group we've got here, E TX and Russia!
Thank You BigCliff for your welcome and hope to have many fly fishing conversations with you... George
Old 10-27-2007, 12:26 PM
Administrator

Hi George,

Too bad you were not fly fishing at that time. The high Sierras are a great spot for fly fishing.

I was born and raised in Fresno and spent a lot of time on the Western slope. We have a lot of people on the forum from Texas.

Frank
Old 10-28-2007, 02:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Hi George,

Too bad you were not fly fishing at that time. The high Sierras are a great spot for fly fishing.

I was born and raised in Fresno and spent a lot of time on the Western slope. We have a lot of people on the forum from Texas.

Frank
Hi Frank, thanks for your reply, did you ever fish in the area of mono hot springs Kizers pass San Juanqune river very nice area?
Old 07-05-2009, 01:22 AM

StreamerStripper is on a distinguished road
Send a message via AIM to StreamerStripper
Re: Introductions

Hi guys my name is Ricky Bassett, I am a new member and just wanted to introduce myself. I am really looking foward to meeting other flyfisherman and sharing knowledge, tips , stories, photographs, and maybe make a few new fishing buddies along the way Looking foward to getting involved in the forum in any way I can.