The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2005, 02:26 PM
Administrator

Fish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura aboutFish Bones has a spectacular aura about
Send a message via AIM to Fish Bones
Default Introductions

Hello Folks:

I'm Steve Robbins and, no doubt, an avid fly fisherman with more than 35 years of fishing experience. I am the Site Administrator of this forum. I also serve as the director of the Fly Fishing program at Tyler Junior College in Tyler, Texas and have been teaching the art of fly fishing for more than eight years. I also teach an occasional fly fishing class for Panola College and Texarkana College in East Texas. I am the immediate past president and founder of Lone Star Fly Fishers in Tyler which is the premier fly fishing club in East Texas. I have given many fly fishing presentations and seminars to various fly fishing clubs, civic organizations and youth groups. I am also the owner of The Full Creel Fly Shop www.thefullcreel.com.

I enjoy all types of fly fishing but I am a small stream fanatic. I love the high mountain streams and spring creeks. I'm usually always alone and at piece with nature and all if its grandeur. I love to fish many small streams in Colorado... Mostly the Durango area. I also frequent New Mexico.

I hope to get to know each member of this wonderful forum. We have a great group of anglers here and I look forward to watching us grow this discussion group into one of the largest forums in the nation.

Old 03-07-2005, 03:40 PM

JayMorr will become famous soon enoughJayMorr will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Introductions

Nice site guys! Great work fanatic. My name is JayMorr. I love flyfishing, flytying, and art. I recently have been getting into Photography and love to capture the art of flyfishing. fanatic referred me to the site. I am the Admin for www.flyfishermanforum.com

I look forward to the discussions and getting to know you all better. I love all kinds of fishing and enjoy the forum boards. Keep up the good work.

JayMorr
Old 03-07-2005, 04:51 PM
Curtis will become famous soon enoughCurtis will become famous soon enough
Send a message via MSN to Curtis

Hey Jay. Good to see you again. But I must ask ARE YOU STALKING ME!?! 8)
Old 03-07-2005, 06:00 PM

fshfanatic will become famous soon enough

Well, my name is Mike and I am a die hard fly tosser. I have been fly fishing since I was 13 or so when my Grandfather taught me the sport throwing large Pencil Poppers for Stripers along the California Coast Line. My very first fish on a fly was a 20lb + Striper that quite literally kicked my butt, yes, I was hooked from then on.

When my Grandfather died in 1981, I kinda fell away from the sport, as it was never the same. I continued to fish and stopped again in 1982 when I enlisted in the US Army.

I moved to Utah in 1997 and that is where I met a bunch of fly fishing nuts that got me back into the sport and got me to also start tying my own flies. I made some great friends like Jaymorr and we had some great time sharing lies and fishing times together.

I moved to Arizona in Dec of '04 and have gone from mainly Stillwater Trout fishing to warm water fly fishing...

I met Steve through another site and decided to join his. He has since asked me to help him with the design and installation of this site. It has really turned into a great looking forum with some wonderfull people.

Well, that is about it..

I am who I am...

Glad to be here...
Old 10-02-2007, 02:34 PM

RYB is on a distinguished road

Hello everybody!
Glad to be here! Hope to follow you virtually and to get news from places with everlasting seasons when cruel russian frosts come.
Best regards, Alex.
Old 10-02-2007, 03:21 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Alex,

Welcome to the forum. Are you an active fly fisher and are you near some of the great Russian Trout and Salmon fishing?

Frank
Old 10-03-2007, 12:26 AM

I'm in this "business" for 15 years. As for the rivers- it all depends. Kola is closer than Kamchatka, but it's 2500 km way. But trout rivers are reachable for weekend(400-900 km road). But mostly I prefer(for many reasons- lack of the time- the main) fishing for chub, walleye, pike. For example-this weekend- light onehander, skagit line,big fly- 5 waleyes caught, 9 lost and countless takes... And it took only 7 ouhrs including the road...
Old 10-03-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Alex,

I never thought about Russia having Walleyes. Did you catch them in a river or lake? I assume it was a river. What season is it there now? It is the end of Summer here in Florida.

Frank
Old 10-03-2007, 09:14 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-03-2007, 10:19 AM

Yes, it was a river. Now it's the middle of the Fall. BTW, according to the weather report the snow is expected for a week...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg walleye.jpg (56.7 KB, 14 views)