The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-25-2011, 11:08 PM

raiderdingo is on a distinguished road
Default newbie

Hello all,

I'm Ryan, from Jacksonville, Fl. I am new to this forum and also to fly fishing. I recently bought my first rod and reel and have been out fishing everyday for the past 3 and a half weeks. To say I'm hooked would be a major understatement. When I'm not fishing I'm thinking about it and practicing casting in my pool. When I am sleeping I dream about it. Is it weird to sleep with my rod/reel and gear? I look forward to learning volumes from people on these forums and hopefully finding other people local to Jacksonville here.

Just thought I would introduce myself here.

Thanks
-Ryan
Old 06-26-2011, 12:06 AM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: newbie

Ryan

Welcome to the forum and to fly fishing!! No it's not weird to sleep with your gear unless you wear your waders!! But since your from Florida I'm guessing that's not an issue! LOL. I've been fly fishing for 30+ years and I still think about most the time.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-26-2011, 04:47 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Welcome to a great site! You will find much info here. As far as sleeping with your gear, you may want to de-barb the hooks on your "sleepie" flies. I lived in south Florida a few years back and became very addicted to peacock bass fishing. I still find myself "dreaming" over it.
Tight lines.....Mike
Old 06-27-2011, 05:09 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Ryan welcome to the forum-- something tells me you'll fit right in here.

We do have a few folks down your way, hopefully they'll chime in soon.

In the meantime make yourself at home here.
Old 06-27-2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan
Welcome to the fly fishing forum and the sport of fly fishing! I was stationed at Tyndall AFB near Panama City when I was in the Air Force, but I wasn't in to fly fishing at the time so I can't help but we have some members from FL so hopefully they will chime in. Don't be afraid to ask questions, we all started out as newbies and we have some very knowledgeble folks on this forum that are more than willing to lend a hand.

Larry

Old 06-28-2011, 12:15 AM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome! lots of great input here.

ARFE