The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2011, 03:15 PM

ajaynie37 is on a distinguished road
Default new lady in the stream

hello all my fellow fly fisherman and women.

just thought id stop in here and say hi introduce myself.

my name is amanda and i live in northeast ohio. i have been fly fishing for only a few years now, but i can hold my own

i tie my own flies and i am not afraid to get wet.....by wet i mean i have learned to respect the water, because though she is our friend she can take you down hard....

i have fallen in many a stream and lost many a fish, but that wont ever stop me

i am a catch and release fisherman, not against legal taking of fish, im just more in it for the religion of it lol than the eating!

thanks again for having me

amanda
Old 06-28-2011, 03:57 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: new lady in the stream

Welcome to the Forum Amanda!!! Jump right in the water here is friendly!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 06-28-2011, 04:10 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Amanda welcome to the forum, glad you found us. Please make yourself at home--- pull up a chair and help yourself to the fridge.

We have a lot of folks from Ohio here on the forum that chase everything from steelhead and trout to farm pond bass and stream smallmouths, as well as folks from all over the US and a bunch of international members that between them chase everything else.

And since you tie, feel free to jump in on any of our fly swaps that catch your eye-- we'll be running some new ones soon. Everyone is always welcome in our fly swaps regardless of experience (You can see pics from some of our swaps in the fly tying section).

Looking forward to your posts.
Old 06-28-2011, 07:29 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Amanda, you should get along swimmingly here! milt.
Old 06-28-2011, 08:13 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum
looking forward to hearing more from you.

casey

ARFE
Old 06-28-2011, 08:38 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Amanda! I look forward to reading about your fishing adventures and hopefully seeing pictures of fish you catch and your ties.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 06-28-2011, 09:10 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Welcome to the best site of fly fishing. Home of knowledge I have never seen. Home to the best people I met yet.

BTW...a female tier eh? Elk hair caddis pink body? Hmmmmmm
Old 06-28-2011, 09:24 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Amanda
Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing about your fly fishing adventures! Feel free to jump right in and post on anything that interests you.

Larry

Old 06-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Business Member

CutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to beholdCutThroat Leaders is a splendid one to behold

Welcome Amanda,
You have found a great group of fly fishers. I have been fly fishing for many a year, but still find myself learning from all of the great info/post's.

Mike
Hand Woven Furled Leaders
Site: http://www.cutthroatfurledleaders.com/
email. mike@cutthroatleader.com
Old 06-28-2011, 11:11 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. I'm sure you will come to enjoy your time here. We even have a few other members of the fairer sex here.