The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2007, 05:02 AM

CrystalNZ is on a distinguished road
Default Re: Hello from New Zealand

Thought I'd better ask before doing any photo attachments.
I have on file well over 50 fishing spots we have visited for the past 4 years.
What are the rules here? Posting the pictures as a insert or refering to a photbucket site?
And since there is no catogory for Pacific where can I insert the pics so all can enjoy?
Thanks for in advance for answering my dumb questions LOL

http://smg.photobucket.com/albums/v234/CrystalNZ/

myspace.com/crystalstaxidermy
Old 01-06-2007, 09:51 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

You might want to PM the administrators on that one, but a link to a photo bucket would be cool to me.I am really into the Xena (Lucie Lawless) series and Hercules (Kevin Sorbo) and it is film in New Zealand. I watch every episode where there is a river or a lake and think....there has got to be some nice fish in there!As far as Mike's comment on the "cut one"....to know him is to love him. He is very down to earth and full of it...by "IT" I mean jokes LOL.Stick around and he will have you spewing coffee all over your monitor.....by way of your nose LOL
Old 01-10-2007, 10:32 AM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road

Getting on board this thread late but none the less, welcome to a great forum with a boat load of great people.I recently read a write up on fishing NZ and really wanna take some time and head over that way for a few weeks.....Bruce
Old 01-11-2007, 03:14 PM

williambuttry is on a distinguished road
Default Just started in fresno

Hey Guys,
I've justed started fly fishing a couple of months, in northern california. So can I ask for a locations tips, I haven't got a single fish yet and need some help finding those bad boys. Thank you
Will Buttry-future fly fishing master of fresno
Old 01-11-2007, 04:07 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Just started in fresno

Quote:
Originally Posted by williambuttry View Post
Hey Guys,
I've justed started fly fishing a couple of months, in northern california. So can I ask for a locations tips, I haven't got a single fish yet and need some help finding those bad boys. Thank you
Will Buttry-future fly fishing master of fresno
I will and can be frustrating, but when you finally get into them, just remember what you did, and they will just keep coming. Tight Lines to you.
Old 01-11-2007, 04:26 PM

EHC is on a distinguished road

Welcome CrystalNZ!
I had the pleasure of spending about a week on the South Island last year. Managed to get in one solid day of fly fishing - it was wonderful. New Zealand is some beatiful country.
Congrats on the first fish caught with a fly rod! It is only going to get better for you! Let us know how we can help - there are a lot of knowledgeable, friendly people on this site.

Tim
Old 01-23-2007, 05:53 AM

Thanks for having me on this great site.
I have fallen hard for fly fishing and even snagged a couple since that time, but I got a new habit I am trying to break. I tend to snatch to hard trying to hook the fish and take it right out of their mouth. Really frustrated at myself and trying to slow down. Fly fishing can make you so mad at yourself can't it?

Old 01-23-2007, 11:08 AM

Crystal, BEAUTIFUL WATERS! so jealous! The one with you holding a couple of pigs says you don't need our help!
As far as setting the hook too fast or too hard, when you feel something on the end, pull your line with your stripping hand, and slowly lift rod. Once you're sure the fish is there, you can tug the rod a little to make sure you set the hook.
I wish I was SOOOOOO there right now!
Old 01-24-2007, 05:46 AM

Save your pennies Joni. All you have to do is get here and leave the rest to me. Our home is your home if your ever in this side of the world.

Good news..........I caught another one tonight. Just a small one but one never the less.
Finally all the hard work pays off.