The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By troutslayer
  • 1 Post By woodrivertroutbum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-20-2011, 03:06 AM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice
Default Hello from Rhode Island!

Hey all! My name is Alex, I am 23 years old and am involved with MANY styles of fishing from fly fishing for 6" native brookies to skishing to shark fishing. Really looking forward to being a part of your community here!
Old 07-20-2011, 07:34 AM

Rip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond reputeRip Tide has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Rhode Island!

Hey Alex, welcome to the site
I'm in CT, but RI is only 3 miles down the road.
Used to spend a lot of time fishing the Wood and other RI trout waters when I lived in Providence and still fish the south county shore
Old 07-20-2011, 07:46 AM

woodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nicewoodrivertroutbum is just really nice

Hey RT, thank you for the warm welcome. Both the Wood and SoCo are my homes away from home. I really need to start making it out to the Farmington more. It has been tough to get out there this year. The shark fishing has made up for it though Although, I would like to see more Makos around!

Alex
Old 07-20-2011, 12:31 PM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

Alex, its pleasure to meet you...but we're going to have to fix your penchant for other styles of fishing.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.
Old 07-20-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Alex, welcome to the forum, glad you found us.

I see a lot of skishers out at Montauk--- you guys are nuts!

For those that may not be familiar with this method of fishing:

Swimming With the Fishes: Anglers Tangle Over 'Skishing' - WSJ.com
Old 07-20-2011, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Alex...hope you don't fish sharks with alive dogsseen that on TV once....disgustingglad you find us...great forum and great people here....some will tell you I'm naughty
Old 07-20-2011, 05:40 PM

Thank you guys! Maybe I will just drift the West Branch of the Delaware in my wetsuit with a fly rod! lol

No live dogs used here!! LOL That is indeed disgusting, I love animals! We usually use blue fish as bait.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Alexsome will tell you I'm naughty
We will get along great! We shall make a good team.
Old 07-26-2011, 05:19 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! You mean there are other kinds of fishing? lol
woodrivertroutbum likes this.
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 07-30-2012, 12:31 PM

I thought I would update this a bit. This spring I sold most of my surf casting gear in order to spend more time focusing on trout waters as well as warm water fly fishing. I have a new infatuation with catching native trout in the smallest brooks and streams I can find. I don't know what it is about those tiny natives but I lose sleep trying to search for new creeks og maps and google earth. Luckily my wife and I like to hike so we spend time hiking up and studying the streams we find. She also started fly fishing late last year! She didn't have any interest in putting down her spinning gear before that then one day it just clicked and she hasn't picked up spinning gear since! She even out fishes me sometimes, I love it!
Rip Tide likes this.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:25 PM

aphex0 is on a distinguished road

Hello back from California!