The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-05-2007, 09:00 PM

nfrayer is on a distinguished road
Default Hey from Asheville

Just relocated to asheville in August, and I am slowly learning the fishable streams in the area. I primarily fish for trout and small mouth. and am not opposed to ruthless hiking to fish a remote area. Any help in this area would be greatly appreciated.
Old 03-06-2007, 08:04 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hey from Asheville

Welcome to the group! I don't know a ton about fishing in the area, but by coincidence I did fish recently with a guy who has just retired from his practice in Dallas and is soon to relocate to Asheville as well. I was thankful he reminded me that midges work, as I caught more fish on those than anything else the rest of that day.

I can tell you however that Joe Humphreys video "A Casting Approach to Dry Fly Tactics in Tight Brush" might be a wonderful thing to learn from. Joe taught the extremely popular fly fishing course at Penn State for many years, and is one of the most captivating teachers I know of. Did a quick search and found it listed with two of his others. eBay: Three Joe Humphreys DVD's Dry Fly, Nymph & to Catch (item 130085452281 end time Mar-31-07 13:17:42 PDT) The Nymphing video is actually my all time favorite, but I'm more of a nymph-nerd than a dry guy.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.