The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-01-2011, 11:43 PM

alfgraphics is on a distinguished road
Send a message via Yahoo to alfgraphics
Default New to fly fishing

Hello, all! I'm new and don't know much about fly fishing. But, I'm here to learn all I can. I hope to learn enough to contribute information, someday.
Old 09-02-2011, 12:11 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about
Default Re: New to fly fishing

Welcome to the board,

Seems like you are in a perfect place to learn fly fishing. There is a fly shop called the Leland Fly shop which I believe is associated with the Golden Gate Angling and Casting club. I am planning to go there to learn more about casting soon.

I also look forward to your contributions to this board. Your fishing stories in your neck of woods help us learn more about fly fishing.

Tight lines
Old 09-02-2011, 12:17 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

I just dumped a in your Sf bay thread, but I'm sure you'll enjoy this forum. There is a whole lot of useful knowledge and experience wrapped up in here, coming from a lot of great people! As far as contributing... I still haven't contributed and I've made several hundred posts so I'm setting a pretty low bar here

Also, I second what TX is saying about Leland, they seem to be quite the institution, and you can't argue with the club being one heck of a resource. I believe another member on here said their dues are somewhere in the 30-40 dollar/yr ballpark?

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-02-2011, 04:23 AM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome from an american living in northwest england to an american angler living in a lovely area.
Old 09-02-2011, 05:15 AM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Just remember we were all new at one time, you will be fine. Welcome aboard!
Old 09-02-2011, 09:15 AM

Thank you, all, for the warm welcome. Today is the day I try to cast my first fly.
Old 09-02-2011, 09:26 AM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by alfgraphics View Post
Thank you, all, for the warm welcome. Today is the day I try to cast my first fly.
Before you cast that first fly, pinch the barb down and put on some safety glasses and a hat.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
Old 09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

from across the pondgreat forum and great people here
Old 09-02-2011, 11:17 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by littledavid123 View Post
Before you cast that first fly, pinch the barb down and put on some safety glasses and a hat.

Welcome to the forum.

Dave
LOL! I'll definitely be careful with the flying hooks.
Old 09-03-2011, 09:03 AM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! Great people here, you will learn a lot and we can learn from you as well!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)