The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2011, 07:35 AM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold
Default Hello from Cincinnati

Hello Everyone,
I have already posted a couple of times on the forum, but its never too late for introductions
I have been fly fishing for several years and enjoy the beauty of the sport. I am a bit of a gear head so spend a lot of time in the 'tackle' sections of this site.
I am constantly amazed by the generosity of the members in sharing information on this site and hope that I too can help other members in a similar fashion.
I am headed to Western NC for a guided trip later this Oct. & hope to post some pictures and my experience shortly afterwards. Hope I can land a couple of Brookies.

Regards,
Shrish
Old 09-07-2011, 09:18 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Cincinnati

Shrish: Welcome to the forum and good fishing on your NC trip, please post some photos of the area and tell us a little about your trip when you get back.

Larry

Old 09-07-2011, 09:24 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome Shrish! My fiancee lives in Louisville so I spend a a lot of weekends near your area. Looking forward to hearing some stories and seeing some catches! And have fun on that guided trip!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-07-2011, 10:16 AM

texastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura abouttexastroutbum has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum
Old 09-07-2011, 10:32 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

and have a good trip...like Larry I'm looking forward to seeing some pics
Old 09-07-2011, 01:52 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hello There. Nice to see another angler from the Buckeye State. Ditto for the posted pics next month and "Tight Lines" to you
Old 09-08-2011, 01:59 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Shrish, welcome to the forum, glad you found us-- we have a bunch of folks from Ohio on the forum, and some of them chase steelhead all winter, so you'll have to keep an eye out for some of the posts from our Ohio characters like GeorgeMcFly:
Steelhead from this spring!

And hopefully you'll be adding some of your own to the board. Good luck on your trip to NC.
Old 09-08-2011, 02:29 PM

williamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond reputewilliamhj has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome! How's the fishing in the Cincinnati area? My wife and I almost moved there so I started looking into it. I'm guessing there are some good bass waters around there.
Old 09-08-2011, 06:53 PM

mysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to beholdmysticm is a splendid one to behold

Everyone, Thanks for the kind welcome! You guys make this forum a great place to hang out. I will certainly post some pictures...I am taking my dSLR & a host of lenses along to capture some nice moments.

William,
Welcome to the city. The Little Miami north on Montgomery Rd is a nice river for bass & panfish. For trout there are a couple of options (60 min drive or so that get a lot of pressure)...hence my trip to NC
Old 09-09-2011, 10:23 AM
Glen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really niceGlen Wright is just really nice

to the forum Shrish. I look forward to your posts and hopefully pictures of fish you catch.
Attention New Fly Fishers and those just wanting to improve- Join a Fly Fishing Club. They have classes on every aspect of fly fishing for beginners to advanced for free or cheaper than offered elsewhere. Some offer mentor programs. You will make friends with other fly fishers. Clubs often have outings in which members pay special group rates for guides or to fish prime private access areas.