The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-12-2011, 10:26 AM

haulingmario is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Fresno Cali!

I've been one of the lurking members for a few months learning from the many accomplished and knowledgeable people on the Fly Fishing forum so I thought it was about time I introduced myself...
My name is Mario I'm 54 years old have a nursery plant and a young Pistachio orchard just outside Fresno that keeps me quite busy.
I always enjoyed using flies since I was a kid and spin casting so I decided to become serious and combine the two this year.Been doing lots of practicing,neighbors must think I am insane fishing in my Pistachio orchard.
Ive been out fishing once so far this year but plan to again soon as my work winds down and the weather cools a bit in the valley,
Have a Sage Bass rod I got a few months back on sell and a second hand 5 weight trout rod too.My casting has improved since Ive been on this site and its made me more confident of my ability so I just wanted to thank everyone for their help.
Best regards,
Mario
Old 09-12-2011, 10:37 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Fresno Cali!

Mario.Hope to read some reports and see some pics soon
Old 09-12-2011, 11:35 AM

Jimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant futureJimmie has a brilliant future

Mario.
You have a good Fly Fishing Club there in Fresno too. I attended some meetings when I lived up there.
Old 09-12-2011, 12:59 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for the post Mario, we always enjoy hearing from new members. Have you picked out a river or stream to the fly rod on yet? As jpbfly said, we want to hear about your first trip and if possible see some pics.

It is always trying the first time or two on the water with a fly rod, so please remember to wear eye protection and a hat.

Dave
Old 09-12-2011, 02:26 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mario welcome to the board-- feel free to make yourself at home hete and ask questions if you've got 'em lot's of folks helpful folks here that are happy to share their knowledge ands experience.

And as Dave said-- we'd all enjoy hearing about your adventures, so keep us posted.
Old 09-12-2011, 05:19 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Welcome Mario-from an american living on the Other side of the Atlantic!
Old 09-12-2011, 05:37 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum mario!
looking forward to hearing about your future fly fishing adventures

casey

ps - i love me some 'stacios

ARFE
Old 09-12-2011, 08:25 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mario, welcome to the board! milt.
Old 09-12-2011, 10:22 PM

haulingmario is on a distinguished road

Everyone, Thanks for the kind welcome! You make this a great place to be a part of.
I will try to post some pictures from my next fishing trip.I've never caught a fish using a fly rod before so I'm looking forward to it.
My first trip this year was in June,in 105 degree heat and there was so much brush thick with thorns near some ponds I was fishing for bass,It was a bit demoralizing never got a bite... But I'm not deterred

Best regards!
Mario
Old 09-13-2011, 12:29 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Welcome Lurker

I hope you will keep posting now and then so we know that you're still here. Good to have you on the board Mario,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;