Brand spankin' new!

Memphis

Reaction score
I guess I'm what you guys would call a beginner fly fisherman. Although, I don't even own a rod and reel yet. For that matter, I've never even been fly fishing or know anyone that has. I'm planning on taking a little trip over to Arkansas this weekend and give it a go. I watch a lot of Fly Fishing America, read a couple of books, trolled these forums and now I'm ready to try my hand at it. I do realize that simply reading up on the subject doesn't really mean squat until I actually get out there and do it.

Anyway, I can't wait to get back and let you guys know how everything went. I'm sure it'll be quite comical!

BigCliff

Reaction score
Welcome to the group! There may not be any great trout streams within blocks of Beale, but you have some GREAT trout fishing within a reasonable drive. Besides the stuff in the Ozark area, I'm told there's some good river fishing near Jackson, TN as well.

Memphis

Reaction score
I can get to the White River in 3 hours or so, but Jackson is about half that. Do you know of any good online resources for the Jackson area?

BigCliff

Reaction score
Based on the quick research I just did, I recalled wrong or was told a fib. I would just look for any creeks or streams that aren't muddy-bottomed, and any ponds that offer enough room to cast.

Or you could launch a float tube into the big river and see if you can get one of those monster leaping carp to tow you around. (ONLY KIDDING, I AM NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE RESULTS OF ATTEMPTING THIS!)