The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 02:46 PM

flytyer123 will become famous soon enoughflytyer123 will become famous soon enough
Default new to the forum

Hi my name is austin and i am 15 years old. I am new to this forum but definitely not ne to fly fishing. Fly fishing and Fly Tying have been my passions for 3 years i expiremented with it before then but didnt become a purist until 3 years ago. My expirence includes warmwater, coldwater, some saltwater Practical and Artistic Fly Tying i am very creative and i love to tie trout patterns (mosty expiremental dries and terrestrials) but also nymphs, wets, and streamers. My fly tying passion is nymphs and warmwater/saltwater flies.
Old 09-21-2011, 03:13 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: new to the forum

Hello Austin,

I'm glad to see you post and I hope you will soon show us some of those streamers. I'm a wet fly streamer sort and love to see different patterns. good to have you in the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-21-2011, 03:17 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum. There are a lot of really good people here, I'm sure you will enjoy it. By the way, you are half as old as flytyer232 (makes sense). Related?
flytyer232's Channel - YouTube
Old 09-21-2011, 03:33 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome Austin! Looking forward to seeing the fruits of your labor (both flies and fish)!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 09-22-2011, 01:15 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Hi Austin welcome from a yank living the other side of the "Pond" from you. Glad you found fly fishing and hope you enjoy your journey. By the way where are you from and what fish do you concentrate on? Here in england outside of river fishing where you can fish for wild browns, stocked rainbows' grayling, sea trout and salmon there are a number of stillwaters where trout are stocked-rather different and quite a lot more Expensive than what you're used to over there.
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 09-22-2011, 02:38 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Austin,glad to see a little youth on the forum.Looking forward to seeing your flies.
Old 09-22-2011, 03:16 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Austin welcome to the forum, looking forward to seeing some of your patterns.