The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello from WY by way of AL (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/192877-hello-wy-way-al.html)

bamaboy 10-10-2011 03:49 PM

Hello from WY by way of AL

Hello to all, I am new to this site, I have broused before but now ive decided to join. I have just moved to WY from AL in the last two months, and am looking foward to my time here.

gt05254 10-10-2011 04:01 PM

Re: Hello from WY by way of AL

Yikes, I hope you survive the culture shock!! All kidding aside, from where I sit you've moved to a great place, and welcome to this forum. It's a good place.
Gary

bobafett 10-10-2011 04:14 PM

welcome. I came to WY via Mississippi, though i now live in Victor, ID. Look forward to some great fishing if you can bear the cold....and the skiing is top notch...

Liphookedau 10-10-2011 06:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamaboy (Post 329931)
Hello to all, I am new to this site, I have broused before but now ive decided to join. I have just moved to WY from AL in the last two months, and am looking foward to my time here.

I hope you find it here as I have & fit as everyone is great & very helpful,
don't be afraid to ask if you need help as there are plenty who will steer you in the right direction.

Incidently I did the opposite to you last year when I was in the US,firstly in AK,then to WY,then to Vegas with only Cold Weather Clothes,guess what I nearly melted until I bought some Summer Gear.
Cheers.
Brian.

EXPATRIATE 10-11-2011 01:44 PM

Welcome-hope you don,t mind cold weather, but the trout fishing in summer is worth freezing a few months for. Enjoy the forum.

gatortransplant 10-11-2011 02:01 PM

Welcome Bamaboy! You'll enjoy it here, there are a great number of excellent teachers and great people!

peregrines 10-11-2011 02:51 PM

Hey Bamaboy welcome to the forum-- and bundle up :)

mcnerney 10-11-2011 03:43 PM

Bamaboy: Welcome to the forum and maybe we can fish together sometime! Where in WY are you located, I'm in Laramie but will probably move to Pinedale in the spring.

Larry

bamaboy 10-13-2011 03:25 PM

Thanks for all the welcomes. Larry, I live in Gillette but I like to travel, I'm always up for a good trip.

mcnerney 10-13-2011 04:02 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bamaboy (Post 331355)
Thanks for all the welcomes. Larry, I live in Gillette but I like to travel, I'm always up for a good trip.

Sounds good, maybe we could fish the Grey Reef (North Platte) together sometime!

Larry