The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-14-2011, 11:30 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold
Default New from Minnesota

Hey everyone. I'm an avid 25 year old fly fisherman from the Driftless Area of southeast Minnesota. I love the site so far. I actually came here a few months back browsing rod reviews, but now find myself looking at everything. There is a ton of great info and very accommodating people on here by the looks of it. Look forward to reading future posts.

My newest research on this site is going to be finding some information for a solo trip out to the Yellowstone area.
Old 10-15-2011, 02:37 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New from Minnesota

Welcome to the site. I'm in Minnesota as well, but clean up at the other end. Right on the Canadian Border. There are a couple others down in your area. Do you ever make it to the North end?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:09 PM

ted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to beholdted4887 is a splendid one to behold

Thanks.

I haven't been up that far in a few years. The last time I was up there I was ice fishing with a few friends out a resort I believe is called Zippels or Zippers? I can't remember the exact name, but it was something like that I believe. I hate ice fishing, and generally figure my time is much better spent on a spring creek down here. I do love that part of the state though. What do you generally target up there? Smallmouth, northern?
Old 10-15-2011, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

TedDan targets everything that moves
Old 10-15-2011, 04:56 PM
Banned

Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
Thanks.

What do you generally target up there? Smallmouth, northern?
All of them. Oh and it's Zipple Bay Resort. I like the owners. Nice people. Nick and Deanne Painovich, (may be spelled wrong). We have a lot of really big fish up here. Not so much in the Trout department. For that I generally head to the North Shore of Lake Superior. They have big ones there. Just a few from this year;
Click the image to open in full size.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
TedDan targets everything that moves
Why yes, yes I do......
Old 10-15-2011, 05:04 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

When they're that big you only need a few

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 10-15-2011, 05:22 PM

Wow, great stuff Diver Dan. I might need to make a conscious effort to leave the spring creeks and hop up there next season. That's a longgggggggggg drive though.
Old 10-15-2011, 05:35 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ted4887 View Post
That's a longgggggggggg drive though.
Yes but I have a few really good spots along the way to break it up.
Old 10-15-2011, 07:14 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum ted!
looks like you'll fit right in.

casey

ARFE
Old 10-15-2011, 08:26 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Ted.

Dave