The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-15-2011, 07:52 PM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough
Thumbs up Howdy from Austin, TX

I've been lurking here for a few weeks now and have finally decided to post up. I just recently got into flyfishing as a way to relax and get away from it all. It seems that this might be a new collecting hobby for me, as well, since there are a lot of neat items out there. My previous hobby that transitioned into a collection, which has now mostly been sold off, was paintball. While completely opposite, the hardware in both fields fascinates me.

I recently became a father of a wonderful baby boy; our first. I've sold off almost all of my paintball "wall hangers" to move into this new part of my life and hobby. I hope to choose the flyfishing gear that will be able to be passed on to my son, so that we both can sling some bugs and tell fish stories.

I'm currently fishing with a 9' 6wt TFO BVK rod and a BVK reel. I love the combo! Of course, the capabilities of this outfit far outweigh my own, but I'm in it for the long haul!

Thanks for a great forum and community!
Old 11-15-2011, 09:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Howdy from Austin, TX

hollyw00d: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing and congrats on the new baby boy! Make yourself at home and don't hesitate to ask questions, check out the video gallery and keep us posted on your progress. You should do well with the outfit you have purchased!

Larry

Old 11-15-2011, 10:21 PM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the new kid!
Old 11-15-2011, 10:31 PM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, and congrats on the new boy and fly rod, bet your proud of both!

d
Old 11-15-2011, 10:38 PM
hollyw00d will become famous soon enoughhollyw00d will become famous soon enough

Thanks for the welcome!

I've already got my eye on an 8wt outfit.
Old 11-17-2011, 01:37 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Congratulations Papa. Make sure that when the time comes you give the lad an intro to fly fishing. Enjoy, but I feel now you,re a dad you may not find the time you thought you had to actually go fishing!
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 11-17-2011, 02:02 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

hollyw00dCongrats Papa...(that's a french wordand Maman
Old 11-17-2011, 02:53 PM

team_fishbusters is on a distinguished road

Howdy from a fellow Texan. Born and raised in SA. One of my brothers lives in Austin as well.