The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-01-2011, 03:35 PM

jhammer has a spectacular aura aboutjhammer has a spectacular aura about
Talking A warmwater welcome from NW Ohio!

Hello folks! I've been a member on several other fly fishing forums quite a while now and then I came across this place. It seems like a large place with a lot of nice folks. I already posted some of my pictures in the warmwater section.

I hail from NW Ohio. No pristine trout streams here .

I fish a lot of small creeks, ponds, and lakes around here, but I mostly fish several nice and muddy rivers that will challenge any man with a fly rod. The Maumee River is really popular for it's walleye and white bass run every year, but when the crowds go away, I bust out the fly rod!

(However, I do make a couple of special trips for white bass on the fly.)

Anyway, I hope to talk more with some of you folks sometime and tight lines!
Old 12-01-2011, 03:40 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: A warmwater welcome from NW Ohio!

Welcome Hammer,

I believe you'll find loads of info and great posters here. We have plenty of members in your area also so maybe you'll get to meet some more fly fishermen.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-01-2011, 04:31 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum jhammer
i was just looking at your pics you posted on the warm water forum....nice job
good luck on the ohio slam btw

casey

ARFE
Old 12-01-2011, 07:12 PM

okuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of lightokuma is a glorious beacon of light
Send a message via Yahoo to okuma

Did someone mention...whitebass?
Old 12-01-2011, 07:17 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Jhammer, looking forward to reading more posts from you.

Dave
Old 12-01-2011, 10:13 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by okuma View Post
Did someone mention...whitebass?
They have a massive spawning run on the Maumee River here in May. I usually make a 30-40 min. trip NE to Grand Rapids, Ohio and chase them around.
Old 12-02-2011, 05:54 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 12-02-2011, 09:32 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by webrx View Post
Welcome to the forum, I graduated from Shawnee High School in Lima, Ohio. You anywhere near there?

d
Yup! I'm in Defiance. I've made many trips to Lima Shawnee in high school. I was a band geek.
Old 12-12-2011, 04:36 PM
EXPATRIATE will become famous soon enoughEXPATRIATE will become famous soon enough

Cut my fly rod teeth so to speak on bass, crappies, sunfish, perch and chub in eastern South Dakota many moons ago-no trout streams there either. Caught my first white bass on spinning gear in the Missouri River in western South Dakota when I was over there last year and would love to rtry them on fly gear. For some reason no one here in the uk wants to introduce bass into their waters which is a damned shame as there are plenty in the sea that saltwater fly fishers love to go for!
The scenery in the Grand Coulee area of eastern Washington was worth the cost of the air fare on its own. Two doe whitetailed deer drinking not twenty yards away from my boat partner and I as a golden eagle flew overhead looking for dinner. Magnificent and etched in my memory for all time!
Old 12-16-2011, 01:26 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Hammer-- great warmwater pics!