The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hello from Illinois (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/214562-hello-illinois.html)

jk 8 12-07-2011 09:37 PM

Hello from Illinois

Been a member for a couple months and have been lurking, but enough with that.

I'm a college student from Illinois, attending Illinois State University. I do most of my trout fishing in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, my carp fishing on the flats of Door County, and my smallmouth fishing in local rivers around home. I hope to move out west after school where the fishing and the skiing is better, but for now, I'll make the best of what I got here.

That seems about it, tight lines

Joe

Hardyreels 12-07-2011 09:43 PM

Re: Hello from Illinois

Hi JK,

Welcome out of the shadows to the world of posting.

Ard

ted4887 12-07-2011 09:49 PM

Greetings from another Driftless Area fisherman. Lots of good information to be found here.

milt spawn 12-08-2011 05:54 PM

Hey jk, welcome to the board. I am a former midwesterner who moved out west and found better skiing, the fishing... well, it's just different. Easier to grow fish than mountains I guess. milt.

mcnerney 12-08-2011 06:00 PM

Joe: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fishing adventures, be sure to post about your exploits on the water, we would love to hear about them. We have a number of members who fish the driftless area, you can use the search feature to read more about what has been posted in the past. I can't blame you for wanting to get out west, I'm in Wyoming and just love all the water we have out here to fish.

Larry

gatortransplant 12-08-2011 06:19 PM

Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.

jk 8 12-09-2011 11:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by gatortransplant (Post 360341)
Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.

Well do yourself a favor and get out on those flats and cast to some golden bones :D. ISU is about 45 minutes east of Peoria, real close, not much in the way of fishing though.

peregrines 12-16-2011 01:31 PM

Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.

jk 8 12-18-2011 09:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peregrines (Post 364574)
Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.

That sounds great haha, I've been wanting to try steelhead fishing for a while now