The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-07-2011, 09:37 PM

jk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nice
Default Hello from Illinois

Been a member for a couple months and have been lurking, but enough with that.

I'm a college student from Illinois, attending Illinois State University. I do most of my trout fishing in the Driftless Area of Wisconsin, my carp fishing on the flats of Door County, and my smallmouth fishing in local rivers around home. I hope to move out west after school where the fishing and the skiing is better, but for now, I'll make the best of what I got here.

That seems about it, tight lines

Joe
Old 12-07-2011, 09:43 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hello from Illinois

Hi JK,

Welcome out of the shadows to the world of posting.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 12-07-2011, 09:49 PM

ted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to allted4887 is a name known to all

Greetings from another Driftless Area fisherman. Lots of good information to be found here.
Old 12-08-2011, 05:54 PM

milt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond reputemilt spawn has a reputation beyond repute

Hey jk, welcome to the board. I am a former midwesterner who moved out west and found better skiing, the fishing... well, it's just different. Easier to grow fish than mountains I guess. milt.
Old 12-08-2011, 06:00 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe: Welcome to the forum! I'm looking forward to hearing more about your fishing adventures, be sure to post about your exploits on the water, we would love to hear about them. We have a number of members who fish the driftless area, you can use the search feature to read more about what has been posted in the past. I can't blame you for wanting to get out west, I'm in Wyoming and just love all the water we have out here to fish.

Larry

Larry
Old 12-08-2011, 06:19 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 12-09-2011, 11:44 AM

jk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nicejk 8 is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Welcome Joe! My family does its annual family reunion in Door County, I love that area! Where is the ILSU campus? I'll be in Peoria in early January.
Well do yourself a favor and get out on those flats and cast to some golden bones . ISU is about 45 minutes east of Peoria, real close, not much in the way of fishing though.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:31 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.
Old 12-18-2011, 09:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Welcome Joe-- glad you're posting. As mentioned we have a bunch of folks that fish the Driftless area -- we also have a bunch of folks that chase steelhead all winter in the midwest so if you ever have a desire to spend time outside in sleet and snow while standing in freezing cold water there are plenty of folks here that can give you pointers.

That sounds great haha, I've been wanting to try steelhead fishing for a while now