The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Checking in from western VA (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/222433-checking-western-va.html)

50fish 12-30-2011 03:50 AM

Checking in from western VA

Checking in from the heart of the Shenandoah Valley VA. Time wise I have been fly fishing for about 15 years but skill wise I'm still pretty much a novice. Lots of good fishing near by, I pretty much live on Mossy Creek and have 100's of miles of wild brook trout streams all around. Good to meet everyone and I look forward to learning alot.

Aaron

okuma 12-31-2011 10:12 AM

Re: Checking in from western VA

Welcome & an early Happy New Year

fredaevans 12-31-2011 01:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by okuma (Post 371674)
Welcome & an early Happy New Year

+1 here. Looking forward to your posts and pictures.

peregrines 01-03-2012 02:58 PM

Welcome Aaron-- sounds like a pretty good area-- you should have a lot of smallmouth nearby too right?

50fish 01-03-2012 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by peregrines (Post 373424)
Welcome Aaron-- sounds like a pretty good area-- you should have a lot of smallmouth nearby too right?

You know it. I live less than a mile from a smallmouth river that 2 people can catch 100+ fish per day almost all summer long. Its a small river that never gets fished due to all of the popular rivers close by.

wt bash 01-03-2012 11:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by 50fish (Post 371154)
Lots of good fishing near by, I pretty much live on Mossy Creek and have 100's of miles of wild brook trout streams all around. Good to meet everyone and I look forward to learning alot.

Aaron

Welcome to the board! Can I drop a tent in your yard? You know only for like a few months!

smalliesrule 01-04-2012 10:05 AM

welcome from another Western part of VA flyfisher. I'm south of you and a little west. Would love to fish that smallie stream sometime this year. Maybe we can plan a trip!
Stan

mcnerney 01-04-2012 10:10 AM

Aaron: Welcome to the forum, looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures!

50fish 01-04-2012 05:26 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by smalliesrule (Post 373872)
welcome from another Western part of VA flyfisher. I'm south of you and a little west. Would love to fish that smallie stream sometime this year. Maybe we can plan a trip!
Stan

Sure thing. I know you have some good trout waters near you. I have always wanted to fish the Holston. I'm probably close to 4 hours from you.