The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-07-2012, 11:31 AM

Keith Williams is on a distinguished road
Default new guy from Vermont

Hi all!
I am fron North West Vermont and enjoying this forun.
I generaly fish within 1 hour of home, so that means alot of warm water (Lake Champlain) & cold water mix. Just getting back to fly tying so keeping busy this winter.

Charlie
Old 01-07-2012, 12:26 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Wink Re: new guy from Vermont

Welcome to the Asylum Charlie ... just kidding, just kidding. You'll find a great group of folks on this Forum.

Fred
Old 01-07-2012, 12:31 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: new guy from Vermont

Would say to the...mental hospital
everyone's crazy about flyfishing here
Old 01-07-2012, 12:55 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hello Charlie,

I used to be a visitor to your area fairly regularly considering that I lived down in North Central Pennsylvania. I did not ever fish Vermont though. It was however a state who's back roads were my way home after finishing the landlocked salmon season in Maine. After a few years of doing the Interstate highway thing I began to wander through VT. and NH. rather than the highway. I found Vermont to be absolutely beautiful in early October when I would come through. In those years gone by I also came to your state in winter to ski Stowe, Pico (now merged with Killington I understand) and the 'Notch', even in winter I found this an appealing place and always thought I would get there to fish. Alas there was way too many venue already on my schedule and I did not.

You are in a great place and I hope to see many photos from you along with some stories of your fishing adventures there.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 01-07-2012, 01:41 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Charlie-- looking forward to your posts-- and feel free to jump in on a fly swap or two if any look interesting-- we'll always running a few throughout the year, but we do a bunch of them over the winter.
Old 01-07-2012, 08:30 PM

Keith Williams is on a distinguished road

Thank you all for the warm welcome ! The back roads tonight are covered in ice from the freezing rain after 3 days of near 0° temps. However, spring will come again.
About the mentally disturbed part, I think you may be right. I have been having thoughs of winter nymph fishing.
Old 01-08-2012, 09:25 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Welcome VTCharlie, I have some friends in the Rutland area up there and few that have disappeared into the Burlington landscape. I gotta say I love the country up there, its a reminder that are still wild places left east of the Mississippi.
Old 01-08-2012, 10:11 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to hearing about the fishing in your area.

Larry