The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-03-2007, 10:19 AM

Guy M is on a distinguished road
Default Pacific Northwest newbie

Friends talked me into trying fly fishing about 12 years ago. It's great!

Mostly I fish here in Washington state, but have made trips all over the Pacific Northwest including Alaska, British Columbia, Yellowstone, Idaho, & Oregon. Lots of fun to be had with a rod & reel.

Favorite fishing is for steelhead or salmon, but I'll happily go for trout, carp, bass, or even crappie, bluegill & yellow perch. Do a little tying now and again. Don't cast real well. Have a lot of fun, and have taught my two sons to fly fish as well.

Good looking forum here. Regards, Guy
Old 08-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Pacific Northwest newbie

Hi Guy,

Welcome to the forum. You live in a great area for the fly fisher. If you want to really sharpen up your casting get a video by Lefty Kreh or Mel Kreiger. They do make a difference.

I am not a great caster either and I think it comes from too much Chunk and Dunk fishing in Alaska and very little dry fly fishing. I think there are a few fishers that shine with certain casting. The dry fly fisher usually has great aim and control. The Salt Water fisher usually has better distance. The nymph fisher has great line control and feel. The Bass fisher can usually throw big bulky flies. The Salmon, Steelhead and giant Trout fishers ( I better include the Salt Water fisher in this group) has great ability to fight and land big gamy fish.

Well I kind of got off target here. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.
Old 08-03-2007, 12:04 PM

Guy M is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome Frank.

Someday I'd like to try fly fishing in Florida. Has to be a hoot from everything I've read.

Regards, Guy
Old 08-03-2007, 05:13 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Love that part of the country.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.