Snake River Plain Fly-fisher

Flywgn

Reaction score
I thought that since I've begun posting that I'd better introduce myself.

A bunch of years old. Been fly-fishing for over fifty-five years, long enough to develop and master a lot of bad habits.

Moved up here to Idaho last year in order to be closer to great streams and rivers of the western U.S., though that doesn't prevent my wife and me from traveling elsewhere to fly-fish.

Stumbled onto this forum while searching for an old source for a particular publication and began to read some of the threads. Appears to be lots of folks here who have the same interest in chasing trout—and other species—with flies.

I look forward to reading more of the threads.

Allen R

jdgrubbjr

Reaction score
:welcome: Allen! I'm sure that 55 years of fly-fishing have provided you with considerable knowledge that you will want to share.

Flywgn

Reaction score
:welcome: Allen! I'm sure that 55 years of fly-fishing have provided you with considerable knowledge that you will want to share.
You mean tell you my favorite streams and spots on those streams? You gotta be kidding. On a public forum like this?

Anyway, in western NC you might ask me for the sweet spots on the French Broad, or worse yet the Toxaway and Horsepasture. Nosirree. Wouldn't think of it.

But I will tell you the best way to put a wind knot in your line. :)

Allen R

jdgrubbjr

Reaction score
Allen,

Apparently you misinterpreted my welcome. I was in no way implying that I wanted you to share your information on streams. I was only referring to other areas regarding your knowledge, such as how to get a wind knot. :) :)

As for western North Carolina, I really don't need any information regarding "sweet spots", since I have fished western North Carolina for several years now.
This "ain't my first rodeo". :) :) Best of luck!

Flywgn

Reaction score
Thanks for the welcomes and jdgrubbjr my response to your welcome was just my clumsy attempt at being facetious.

I'm sure that I'll enjoy this forum. Looks like a bunch of nice folks with similar interests as mine.

Allen R

jdgrubbjr

Reaction score
No problem Allen. Maybe all of this 95 degree weather here in Southern Appalachia this week is making me sensitive. Take care.