The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Rapid Eddy from the Ozarks (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/236095-rapid-eddy-ozarks.html)

rapid eddy 02-04-2012 08:37 PM

Rapid Eddy from the Ozarks

Looks like i found the welcome wagon. This is my 2 nd post....i think. Not new to FF as my father taught brother and i at age 12. We're about 60 now. Got some tails under our belts ranging from Alask, SoCal, the Big Horn, and several creeks and streams in the Missouri/Ark Ozarks. Not a purist by any means. I call myself a meat fisher. While my flys may not look picturiesqe the do catch fish. Caught many species of fish and anytime i'm fishing it will be with a fly rod in hand. I mostly do the small rods for more excitement in the #1 and #00 wt stuff. Looking forward to chating back and forth with all of ya in the yrs to come. Maybe even wet a line with ya. Thanks for the site.
Rapid Eddy....that aint really my name. Had to think up something fishy ya know. Rapid....get it? Eddy.....you know, the swirl behind the bolder. Glad to be here.
EDDY

gatortransplant 02-04-2012 08:41 PM

Re: Rapid Eddy from the Ozarks

Welcome Eddy! You'll enjoy the forum, there are a lot of great people here. Looking forward to following your adventures on the forum!

Hardyreels 02-04-2012 09:39 PM

Hi Eddy,

Take your time and snoop around, glad to have you posting.

Ard

fire instructor 02-04-2012 10:57 PM

You sound like my kind of fisherman, Eddy! Some day, I hope that we will get a chance to share a few fresh fish fillets, washed down with a few cold, adult, carbonated beverages!

Welcome to the forum!! And we will see you streamside!

caseywise 02-05-2012 02:55 AM

welcome to the forum!:D
looking forward to hearing,seeing more from you.
do you own a digital camera? not that it matters all that much but pics are always cool;)
anyhow, great to have you:):)

casey

rapid eddy 02-05-2012 09:42 AM

Thanks guys....and gals. Yep, got the digitals. It looks like i cant post up atachments until i hitthe 20 post mark. Good rule. I am a Mod over on a BIG Mopar site so i do understand and will abide by all rules. Hardy, as time goes on i'll fill ya in on some of my Alaska adventures. WOW is all i can think of when i think about those days. Southern salt water is in my bucket list. I'll be back. I can do suds with the best of ya and will take advantage of any opportunity. Thanks for the welcome guys....and gals. I think i'll hit Spring River today and Surgically remove some rainbow with the "Surgeon Series" #1.
EDDY.

stl_geoff 02-05-2012 10:25 AM

Welcome from the STL! Where at in Ozark are you?

Davec921 02-05-2012 11:19 AM

Welcome to the sight Eddy.
Were about in the Ozarks are you.
Im at Fort Leonard Wood. I head up to Springfield from time to time.
Take care an enjoy the sight
DAVE

Rip Tide 02-05-2012 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by rapid eddy (Post 391041)
Rapid Eddy....that aint really my name. Had to think up something fishy ya know. Rapid....get it? Eddy.....you know, the swirl behind the bolder. Glad to be here.

I bet your real name is Fast Eddy :D

jpbfly 02-05-2012 01:38 PM

:welcomean Rapid Eddy;)You'll quickly feel at home here:D