The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2012, 09:12 AM

reelfinatic68 is on a distinguished road
Default New here from New Jersey

I've fly fished a few times over the years but this year took the plunge 100%. I even started tying my own flies. I need to learn a LOT and this looks like the place. I'd like to try salt water fly fishing as well.

I'm from central Jersey so if anybody else is let me know.
Old 02-05-2012, 09:36 AM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of
Default Re: New here from New Jersey

Hey Reel,

Welcome to the forum! DId you go to the Somerset show? If not, as a new fly fisherman, I would definitely recommend it next year, it's great inspiration for a budding fly tier as well (I started fly fishing in September and tying in October). And you've got the Blitz to look forward to, fishing for stripers off the coast!

This forum is great for beginners like us, you will definitely enjoy yourself. I look forward to seeing and reading about your adventures in fly fishing and tying!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 02-05-2012, 12:34 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

to the forum.Tons of infos here...just take your time to search the forum and feel free to ask questions
Old 02-07-2012, 08:54 PM

reelfinatic68 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by gatortransplant View Post
Hey Reel,

Welcome to the forum! DId you go to the Somerset show? If not, as a new fly fisherman, I would definitely recommend it next year, it's great inspiration for a budding fly tier as well (I started fly fishing in September and tying in October). And you've got the Blitz to look forward to, fishing for stripers off the coast!

This forum is great for beginners like us, you will definitely enjoy yourself. I look forward to seeing and reading about your adventures in fly fishing and tying!
I didn't make it to the show. Will definitely make it next year thought!
Old 02-07-2012, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi,

It looks like you're finding your way around, if you have any questions just ask.

Welcome to the group,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-08-2012, 01:02 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelfinatic68 View Post
I need to learn a LOT and this looks like the place.
Dead on accurate statement. If you can't learn it from someone here, it's because it has yet to be invented. This is a very friendly and knowledgable forum. Very fine members. You will love it I'm sure. Welcome to the forum.
Old 02-08-2012, 03:16 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! As the others have stated, don't hesitate to ask questions, I'm sure someone here will be able to steer you in the right direction. You might also try to find a local fly fishing club or local Trout Unlimted Chapter in your area. Good luck with your fly fishing and be sure to post your fishing reports, we would love to hear how you are doing.

Old 02-17-2012, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Reelfinatic welcome to the forum-- we have a lot of folks that fish and tie for the same stuff on the board so ask away if you have questions and make yourself at home.
Old 03-31-2012, 06:00 PM

angelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the roughangelo1987 is a jewel in the rough

Hey man. Welcome! Im from South NJ, I travel to Central and Northern NJ every 3months.
Old 04-01-2012, 09:32 AM

wt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant futurewt bash has a brilliant future

Welcome aboard man! I grew up in Monmouth Co. You'll find everything you need here and then some!