The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2012, 10:05 AM

len s is on a distinguished road
Default Another Newbie from outside Chicago

Hi all,

I have been fishing since before I can remember, walleye, northern, crappie. The salmon and trout that I have caught were caught on the Lake Michigan shoreline using a unique Chicago only style of fishing, no not snagging. My son watched A River Runs through It and I took him to Orvis. Now the 13 yo wants to start Fly Fishing, so here I am trying to learn everything I can which is proving difficult as the answer to one question is usually the beginning of two more. Another couple of weeks of study here and I might feel qualified to ask a not too dumb question. Until then I use the search function, study and learn.

Len
Old 02-06-2012, 02:30 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Another Newbie from outside Chicago

Hello Len,

Sorry to let your introduction go so long without a welcome. please feel free to ask any questions you may have and this membership will answer you I'm sure. It's great to have you register and to make an intro. You will enjoy this web site and the information you'll find will be helpful.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-06-2012, 03:43 PM

chi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to beholdchi flyfisher is a splendid one to behold

Welcome!

There are some excellent beginner classes/instructional classes at Chicago Flyfishing Outfitters on Clybourn between North and Division.

Cheers,
Mike.
Old 02-06-2012, 04:30 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Len....you will for sure find tons of infos here and a lot of helpful guys to answer your questions
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Len: Welcome to the forum, we were all in your shoes at one point, so don't hesitate to ask questions. Another good source of information is YouTube, just use the search feature, there are thousands of videos on fly fishing, casting, nymphing, fly tying, etc.

Larry