The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   Hi (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/2410-hi.html)

fishin'bear 08-26-2007 09:00 PM

Hi

Hello folks...found this forum a few days back and have read lots of great info already. I hope in the future to give some reports and share photos of my adventures.

Happy fishing!
fishin'bear

Joni 08-26-2007 11:24 PM

Re: Hi

Welcome Fishin'bear, look forward to you stories and pictures. Just keep them coming!

troutslayer 08-27-2007 06:55 AM

Welcome to the forum! You'll find some great people here and a lot of helpful information. Ask a lot of questions, we are all here to help each other to enjoy the art of flyfishing!

Frank Whiton 08-27-2007 09:45 AM

Hi fishin'bear,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and pictures. Can you tell me about your avatar?

BigCliff 08-27-2007 12:43 PM

Welcome to the group! looking forward to your contribtions.

fishin'bear 08-28-2007 02:18 AM

Hey folks, thanks for the welcomes.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Whiton (Post 13984)

Can you tell me about your avatar?

Frank, that photo was taken at Pinecrest Lake in the Stanislaus National Forest. I was with the family taken photos of the area and that fellow came swimming by and gave me a few seconds of a photo opt.

dguss 08-28-2007 07:46 PM

Hi fellow Californian - Fishing Bear! I'm a newbie here also. Do you live near Fresno? I'm just north of Fresno in Madera. This year I've been to Convict Lake, of which is on the new Nature Valley Granola Bar commercial...keep yer eye peeled for it...it's awesome! I've also been fishing Edison Lake, Dinkey Creek, Lake Wishon. I'm a rookie at Fly Fishing, so the learning curve is going to be a big one! Anway, have a great one!

Frank Whiton 08-29-2007 07:57 AM

Fishing Bear, thanks for the info.

dguss, have you taken the Edison Lake ferry to the other end of the lake and fished Mono Creek? That is also a good jumping off place to a few lakes.

dguss 08-29-2007 07:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Frank Whiton (Post 14042)
Fishing Bear, thanks for the info.

dguss, have you taken the Edison Lake ferry to the other end of the lake and fished Mono Creek? That is also a good jumping off place to a few lakes.

Frank, I've never taken the ferry to Mono Creek. I just learned something new from you today! Have you been up there fishing Frank? I didn't have much luck the last time I went. It was VERY windy, and it didn't seem like they were hitting on anything. I caught one small one, got one huge hit, and that was it. :(

Frank Whiton 08-29-2007 11:59 PM

Hi dguss,

Yes, I have fish that area a lot. I was born and raised in Fresno and have backpacked all over that part of the Sierra's. I fished Mono Creek before the Lake Edison Dam was built. There are a bunch of places to fish if you can hike a bit. I have fished Lake Edison a few times and had good luck in the spring right after ice out. You have also passed some good fishing on your way to Edison. You need to get some Topo maps of the area and study them. There are a bunch of high Sierra lakes for the backpacker. One of the prettiest places I have ever been.