The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-26-2007, 09:00 PM

fishin'bear is on a distinguished road
Default Hi

Hello folks...found this forum a few days back and have read lots of great info already. I hope in the future to give some reports and share photos of my adventures.

Happy fishing!
fishin'bear
Old 08-26-2007, 11:24 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hi

Welcome Fishin'bear, look forward to you stories and pictures. Just keep them coming!
Old 08-27-2007, 06:55 AM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! You'll find some great people here and a lot of helpful information. Ask a lot of questions, we are all here to help each other to enjoy the art of flyfishing!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 08-27-2007, 09:45 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi fishin'bear,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your post and pictures. Can you tell me about your avatar?
Old 08-27-2007, 12:43 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! looking forward to your contribtions.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 08-28-2007, 02:18 AM

fishin'bear is on a distinguished road

Hey folks, thanks for the welcomes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post

Can you tell me about your avatar?
Frank, that photo was taken at Pinecrest Lake in the Stanislaus National Forest. I was with the family taken photos of the area and that fellow came swimming by and gave me a few seconds of a photo opt.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:46 PM

dguss is on a distinguished road

Hi fellow Californian - Fishing Bear! I'm a newbie here also. Do you live near Fresno? I'm just north of Fresno in Madera. This year I've been to Convict Lake, of which is on the new Nature Valley Granola Bar commercial...keep yer eye peeled for it...it's awesome! I've also been fishing Edison Lake, Dinkey Creek, Lake Wishon. I'm a rookie at Fly Fishing, so the learning curve is going to be a big one! Anway, have a great one!
Old 08-29-2007, 07:57 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute

Fishing Bear, thanks for the info.

dguss, have you taken the Edison Lake ferry to the other end of the lake and fished Mono Creek? That is also a good jumping off place to a few lakes.
Old 08-29-2007, 07:50 PM

dguss is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frank Whiton View Post
Fishing Bear, thanks for the info.

dguss, have you taken the Edison Lake ferry to the other end of the lake and fished Mono Creek? That is also a good jumping off place to a few lakes.
Frank, I've never taken the ferry to Mono Creek. I just learned something new from you today! Have you been up there fishing Frank? I didn't have much luck the last time I went. It was VERY windy, and it didn't seem like they were hitting on anything. I caught one small one, got one huge hit, and that was it.
Old 08-29-2007, 11:59 PM
Administrator

Hi dguss,

Yes, I have fish that area a lot. I was born and raised in Fresno and have backpacked all over that part of the Sierra's. I fished Mono Creek before the Lake Edison Dam was built. There are a bunch of places to fish if you can hike a bit. I have fished Lake Edison a few times and had good luck in the spring right after ice out. You have also passed some good fishing on your way to Edison. You need to get some Topo maps of the area and study them. There are a bunch of high Sierra lakes for the backpacker. One of the prettiest places I have ever been.