Introducing Riverbilly

riverbilly

Reaction score
Hi everyone,
Since it looks like I'll be a part of the community here I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is David and live in Central Texas. I'm a lifelong fisherman and have been paddling canoes and kayaks since I was a kid. I'm mainly a river kayak fisherman, though I'll hit the lakes around here and enjoy bank fishing.

I started flyfishing about 10 months ago. A few of my river buddys are flyfishermen and it just looked like a lot of fun. A while back my neighbor that has some rent houses called me over. Said his last renter left a rod in the house, must be 10 foot long. When I told him it was a fly rod he said he didn't care what it was, take it or he was going to throw it away.
I took it and rigged it up, went out with my fly buds and caught a bass on a popper after about 45 minutes. That was it, I'm a fly fisherman now.

Probably won't be much help with advice for a while, but I can put up an occasional trip report and what I've tied lately - love tying flys.

If you find yourself in the Austin area shoot me a PM, chances are I'm going fishing.

David

Ard

Forum Member
Staff member
Reaction score
Hey David,

I'm glad to see you make an introduction, I've seen your posts but hadn't the foggiest idea where you were or what you fish for. I'll look forward to those reports,

Ard

littledavid123

Reaction score
Welcome aboard riverbilly...cool name...We are always interested in fishing reports from across the country, so jump right in.

Dave