The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-29-2012, 07:27 PM

riverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really niceriverbilly is just really nice
Default Introducing Riverbilly

Hi everyone,
Since it looks like I'll be a part of the community here I thought I should introduce myself.
My name is David and live in Central Texas. I'm a lifelong fisherman and have been paddling canoes and kayaks since I was a kid. I'm mainly a river kayak fisherman, though I'll hit the lakes around here and enjoy bank fishing.

I started flyfishing about 10 months ago. A few of my river buddys are flyfishermen and it just looked like a lot of fun. A while back my neighbor that has some rent houses called me over. Said his last renter left a rod in the house, must be 10 foot long. When I told him it was a fly rod he said he didn't care what it was, take it or he was going to throw it away.
I took it and rigged it up, went out with my fly buds and caught a bass on a popper after about 45 minutes. That was it, I'm a fly fisherman now.

Probably won't be much help with advice for a while, but I can put up an occasional trip report and what I've tied lately - love tying flys.

If you find yourself in the Austin area shoot me a PM, chances are I'm going fishing.

David
Old 02-29-2012, 07:38 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Introducing Riverbilly

Hey David,

I'm glad to see you make an introduction, I've seen your posts but hadn't the foggiest idea where you were or what you fish for. I'll look forward to those reports,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 02-29-2012, 07:53 PM

littledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond reputelittledavid123 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome aboard riverbilly...cool name...We are always interested in fishing reports from across the country, so jump right in.

Dave
Old 02-29-2012, 10:03 PM

caseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond reputecaseywise has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to caseywise

welcome to the forum david
lots of good info/people on this site.

casey

ARFE
Old 02-29-2012, 11:22 PM

mbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to beholdmbphotos54 is a splendid one to behold

youll fit right in welcome