The North American Fly Fishing Forum
Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-17-2007, 10:22 PM

AndyJ505 is on a distinguished road
Default 'Nother Newbie

Howdy all,

Just thought I'd introduce myself - Andy from NM. Hopin' to help rep the southwest contingent on here. Fish on folks
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: 'Nother Newbie

Hi Andy - welcome. Envy your location there in New Mex, being as I live near Houston. There's plenty of Southwesterners on this Forum, whom I'm sure will chime in shortly.
Old 09-17-2007, 11:07 PM

philthy is on a distinguished road

Welcome aboard, Andy!

Nice to have another soul from the land of green chilies....even though I've never, ever been beat up by the nice folks here. Actually, they're all pretty fantastic people. Ask a question, and you'll get a ton of great replies. So, where and how often do you fish? I like to make a trip to the Juan once or twice a month, but have had my butt handed to me the last couple of times I've gone. Hopefully, it'll get better with the cooler weather coming soon, even though I shouldn't complain about the luck I've had. The Jemez hasn't been bad to me this summer, but I still like the bigger fish. Pecos/Cimmaron/Costilla are still on my "to do" list, and I guess I need to make the time to explore.

If you've got any questions, ask away! There's some super folks on this board.

Phil
Old 09-18-2007, 06:31 AM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum! Glad you joined us!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 09-18-2007, 06:59 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Andy,

Welcome to the board and look forward to your participation. I use to fish NM a lot when I lived in Arizona. It has been two years since I was last out there. What part of NM do you live?
Old 09-18-2007, 10:57 AM

AndyJ505 is on a distinguished road

Thanks for the welcome all!

Frank, I live in Albuquerque, but I try to fish all over the state as much as possible. I actually went to school for a couple years down in Tucson, but unfortunately never got out fishing much, just to Patagonia Lake a few times. I'm kickin' myself now for never getting up to the White Mountains!

Phil, I most often fish Jemez and Rio Guadalupe, as well as Pecos, since they're about the quickest drives from here. I try to make it up to different parts of Colorado at least a few times a year too. I fished Cimarron and Red Rivers this summer and had some decent luck, considering it was pretty hot both times, but I think I probably need to go back during better weather. I'm hopin to get up to the Chama when it gets a littler cooler.

Anyways, glad to be here, seems like a lotta good folks on this board!

-T.V.Z.
Old 09-18-2007, 12:27 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Glad to have ya on board!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.