The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 10:00 PM

NMrodblder is on a distinguished road
Geetings from panhandle

Hello everyone at the forum!

I love this place! I have read many of threads and have to say they have all been really good (especially the equipment side!).

Intros: I grew up fishing the chama and chamita, san juan, conejos etc (bascially northern NM adn southern Co. I have since moved to the tx panhandle and now struggle to get on the rivers.

The past few years have taken me to the Red river and the Rio Grand, the costillo, the east to the north fork and arkansas river coming out of bull sholes dam.

I am always searching for new water that is in reach (8 hours or so).

For anyone wanted to explore southern NM, I suggest looking toward the Mulcock ranch, Penaso river. It is private water but dang it is good!

Anyway, hope your loops are tight the fishings great!
Old 09-30-2007, 08:05 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Geetings from panhandle

Hi NMrodblder,

Welcome to the forum. NM is a great trout fishing area. When I lived in Arizona I use to get over to NM as much as I could. The Texas Panhandle doesn't have much trout to offer. My fishing partner lived in Amarillo and he use to fish the Arkansas, the Red and the Rio Grand.

Looking forward to your post.

Frank
Old 09-30-2007, 08:11 AM

Trucha is on a distinguished road

Hey,

Greetings from Albuquerque. Welcome aboard.
Old 09-30-2007, 05:03 PM

troutslayer has a spectacular aura abouttroutslayer has a spectacular aura about

Welcome to the forum!!
"I fish because I love to; because I love the environs where trout are found; because trout do not lie or cheat and cannot be bought or bribed or impressed by power, but respond only to quietude and humility and endless patience...because only in the woods can I find solitude without lonliness..." Robert Traver 1964 (Judge John Voelker)
Old 10-01-2007, 10:45 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Personally, I'm glad we've got an expert on that area, since its about the closest bunch of good water to the D/FW Metromess.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-02-2007, 08:43 PM

NMrodblder is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigCliff View Post
the closest bunch of good water to the D/FW Metromess.
BigCliff, yep I am in the panhandle, but I grew up in Roswell, NM. I wanted to pass on some other water possibilities. Now that American flies into Roswell you may want to consider the ruidoso area, and potentially the Penasco south of cloudcroft.