The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2012, 11:44 AM

wolfhfac is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from northern Virginia

Mike from northern Virginia here. Moved to the Washington DC metro area about 6 years ago. I thought living in upstate NY on 70 acres of land and access to some good trout streams 10 minutes away was so boring but man, I tell ya, I really miss it !!!! Living in a metro area sucks, outdoors wise. From what I gather, you have to drive a ways out from the DC area to find some good trout country.

I started getting into fly fishing about 12 years ago, I started out fishing for steelhead on one of the tributaries flowing into Seneca Lake. I am still a novice but I really enjoyed it back then and quit fishing once I moved to the DC area. Fly fishing fever has set in finally and am ready to get back into it. I'm just hoping gas prices don't go through the roof anymore than what they are now to allow me to do some weekend getaways out towards the western part of VA.

Thanks.
Old 03-29-2012, 11:51 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from northern Virginia

Mike
Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Mike,

Welcome to the forum. I used to drive up to Northern VA. & Western VA. from Portsmouth when I lived down there for 19 months. Matter of fact I was on the road a lot to reach trout fishing opportunities. There are some great little spots west of you, I hope you'll continue to use the forum as a way to stay connected to fly fishing.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 03-29-2012, 11:59 AM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Mike welcome to the forum-- make yourself at home here.

This old thread may give you some ideas---
Fly fishing spots near Washington, DC