The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-04-2012, 09:59 PM

brookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to beholdbrookfieldangler is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: A recent convert

Quote:
Originally Posted by peregrines View Post
Excellent-- sounds like you're hooked. Check out the Tie-Alongs that Pocono led in the fly tying forum if you haven't already-- and there are some flies in the Fly Pattern forum with step by step instructions and pics-- look for "SBS" ( for step by step) in the title of the post. And feel free to jump in on fly swaps if any interest you- everyone is always welcome regardless of experience.
Definitely hooked! I actually just finished up 24 flies for my first fly swap. I will definitely be on jumping in on more of those.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pa dave View Post
It's only a matter of time until you start building your own rods...

...and that's fun, too.
Don't even get me going on that...I have already been researching

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rip Tide View Post

....and fly rods are conventional tackle
Thanks and I agree....the fly rod is definitely becoming my "conventional"

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
Nick: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! If you dig around on this site you will find tons of information, if you can't find something, don't hesitate to ask questions. We have lots of very knowledgeable fly fishers here willing to share information.

Larry
Thanks, Larry. I am quickly beginning to see that! It seems that there is a general lack of the "I'm better than you" attitude which is a welcome change in the world of internet fishing forums!

Quote:
Originally Posted by dharkin View Post
Hi Nick,

Welcome. If your work brings you to the Boston area, let me know. I"ll take you fishing in the salt for stripers. Don't worry about the equipment, you can use some of mine.

Take care,
Dan
Heck yeah! I inevitably end up in that area nearly once a year. I am bidding on a few projects that way as I speak. I'll keep you posted!!