The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By peregrines

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-07-2012, 03:42 PM

brassfly is on a distinguished road
Default New from Northern Illinois

Hi My name is Wayne, I am a senior citizen, absolutely new to fly fishing. I have members of my family in France that fly fish, maybe I can learn enough to join them. Am on fixed income so very expensive ( but great quality ) rods to learn with, will be difficult. I am located in Northern IL. county of Lake and town of Zion, approx two miles to Lake Michigan and lots of shoreline smallmouths. I am an empty vessel to be filled with fly knowledge. HOWDY
Old 04-07-2012, 05:38 PM

araitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nicearaitim is just really nice
Default Re: New from Northern Illinois

Howdy Wayne, if your looking for education on fly fishing then you came to the right place. Prepare to have your brain filled with fly fishing knowledge.
Old 04-07-2012, 06:23 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hi Wayne,

Welcome to the forum.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-07-2012, 06:45 PM

gatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud ofgatortransplant has much to be proud of

Wayne, welcome to the forum, you will learn a lot here, I know I have!

Working out a way to convince my university to allow me to hold my TA office hours on the nearby creek...
Old 04-08-2012, 07:39 AM

webrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to beholdwebrx is a splendid one to behold

Wayne,

Welcome to the forum. if there is anything we can suggest or help with just ask the folks on this forum are a great bunch, and have more than enough info and experience to fill just about any vessel on just about any fishing (and sometimes other) related topic.

d

1. the fact or state of having been affected by or gained knowledge through direct observation or participation

2. that thing you get just moments after you needed it.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Wayne welcome to the forum-- make yourself at home.

We have a lot of good folks here that can help you get started so ask away if you have questions-- and we even have a very active member here from France-- you'll see a bunch of Jean-Paul's posts (member "jpbfly")

Looking forward to your posts.

mark
jpbfly likes this.
Old 04-08-2012, 03:19 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Wayne...a guy who's got relatives in France must be a good guy
thanks for the ad Mark
Old 04-09-2012, 02:41 PM

brassfly is on a distinguished road

jpbfly Family is located in Loire Valley and are wine people. Have flyfishers in Laval 53000 and in Brissac. Have read posts on how to build a fly rod, might try some day.