The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 08:38 AM

Mickie is on a distinguished road
Mickie

Hello...........My name is Mickie and I am very new to fly fishing. I have been wanting to learn about this sport and I am finally acheiving that. I am loving learning. I only know 1 person who fly fishes at this time but he is not close anymore. My plan is to meet people who enjoy the sport, who are able to go often, and who are able to give me advice and tips. I need them. I live in Tyler, Texas, I do frequently go to Broken Bow and Beavers Bend area. I know some really great back roads that lead onto the river ( lower Mountain Fork) and also some nice areas above the dam. Im a grown girl and dont mind going alone but company is a good thing. I like to kayak also, float, canoe, I read lots but my goal is to learn as much about flyfishing as my little mind can digest. So help me out. Just dont explain the stomach pump, had to listen to that already. (choke)
Old 10-27-2007, 09:08 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Mickie

Hi Mickie,

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have a plan and know what you want to do. There are a lot of knowledgeable fly fishers on this forum that can offer good advice. You can learn by using the search function or by asking questions. It is always nice to have another lady posting.

Frank
Old 10-27-2007, 01:51 PM

Mickie is on a distinguished road

Hello Frank,
Thank you for the Welcome. I do have a plan and that is to learn and meet people and enjoy fly fishing and the benefits that go with it. Thank you for the advice. Have been at this site off and on throughout this day so far just checking it out for the first time. I am very impressed and enjoy this site. Im learning this sport thru Steve Robbins. I have already impressed myself, not too sure what he thinks yet, he saw my first few casts, and then I took off from there. Cant wait to catch my first trout, my first of many I know. My attitude is ripe. Just hope Im able to find someone to go with. Company is a good thing. But not apprehensive about going alone. Im ready
Mickie
Old 10-29-2007, 12:57 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Let us know how we can help.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.