The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-27-2007, 10:02 AM

acmorton is on a distinguished road
Default Fly Neophyte

My name is Craig and I am fairly new to fly fishing. I have been on a couple of guided trips but didn't learn enough to be self sufficient. I am now taking the time to learn as much as I can about fly fishing and hope to use this forum as a source of information and learning.

My first question is.... Are Gander Mountain brand waders of good quality?
Old 10-27-2007, 12:50 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Fly Neophyte

Hi Craig,

Welcome to the forum. Glad to have you aboard. You will find this forum has many knowledgeable members and they are a great source of information.

I have never seen the Gander Mountain waders so can't comment on them. I can tell you the best waders are made with Gore Tex and Gore requires good quality to use their product. Most waders made with other products are usually made over seas. This doesn't mean that all overseas products are no good. Some of them are quite good but I have never used them.

Frank
Old 10-29-2007, 01:58 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Fly Neophyte

Welcome to the group! I don't have any experience with Gander Mtn anything myself.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.