The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-15-2012, 07:31 PM

Brew_WY is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from WY!

Fairly new to fly fishing. I was in a King Salmon camp on the Nushagak River in AK last summer when I caught my first fish on a fly rod, 8 lbs. King, and the addiction began there. After a couple days at King camp I went to the a fly lodge on the shores of Lake Illiamna and spent another 3 days fishing the Copper River for trout. I had a great guide/casting instructor there that taught me a lot about the basics of fly fishing. I have some borrowed gear at the moment, but will be purchasing my own here in the next couple weeks to start my new season. Glad to be here and looking forward sharing some pictures and stories!

Cheers,

Brew

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:27 PM ----------

Also if an admin happens to wander in to this post, could my user name be edited to have the proper capitalization? I thought that I had entered Brew_WY for my username, but it obviously is not. Trivial I know, but I like to try and be consistent with my user names on the forums I patronize.

Thanks.

Brew

Last edited by Brew_WY; 04-15-2012 at 09:09 PM. Reason: Correction
Old 04-15-2012, 07:53 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo
Default Re: Hello from WY!

Welcome to the forum Brew. Enjoy!!

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 04-15-2012, 08:26 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Welcome Brew,

It will take a few minutes but I will make that change for you.

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-15-2012, 08:27 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Brew: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing!
I fixed your username as requested.

Larry

Old 04-15-2012, 08:47 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels

Hows that for service?

Someone did it but I don't know who.............

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 04-15-2012, 09:08 PM

Thank you for correcting my UN for me. I am also looking forward to starting a fishing season here soon, unfortunately we are in the middle of a maintenance outage at work for the next 5 weeks. So I have no spare time to head to the water (I am gone 14 hrs a day 6+ days a week). But I hope to be fishing by the end of May, if not maybe a little sooner if I can sneak out on my way home from work.

Cheers,

Brew
Old 04-17-2012, 12:30 PM
Super Moderator/Fly Swap Coordinator

peregrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond reputeperegrines has a reputation beyond repute

Hey Brew welcome to the forum-- make yourself at home here-- By the way, you're in a great part of the world for fly fishing-- you'll have a blast out there.
Old 04-17-2012, 02:47 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Brew...lots of infos and helpful people here...as you've already seen
Old 04-17-2012, 09:01 PM

Thanks for the welcome. Yeah I am looking forward to digging around here and finding some places to go. There should be plenty of fishing in the area if I can figure out what they like. I am interested in trying to catch some walleye once the water temperature warms up some more. Will probably need to pick up another spool and get a sinking set up. But that is a little off topic for here.

Cheers,

Brew