The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2007, 12:09 PM

lantanatx is on a distinguished road
Default Hi from Texas

I've actually not cast yet - but I'm surrounded by avid fly fishers. I'm dating one right now and my sister-in-law and her sister are very active in a women's fly fishing group. I'm hoping to learn soon, but right now am just trying to learn the terms and understand the basic concepts. I'm on the Texas coast so I'm most interested in Saltwater fishing.
Old 10-29-2007, 12:52 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future
Default Re: Hi from Texas

Welcome to the group! Are you going to be fishing the coast closer to Galveston or Corpus?

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 10-30-2007, 01:26 AM

lantanatx is on a distinguished road

Most of the time I've been fishing the Rockport/Aransas Pass area because it is the closest saltwater for my boyfriend, when he comes down from Austin and it is where my brother/SIL fish too. I'm actually closest to Baffin Bay and Riviera and have great access to some well known spots down there, but don't like fishing much alone, so it's been a few years since I've fished down here.
Old 10-30-2007, 09:34 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Baffin is indeed a pretty isolated area to tackle by yourself. I used to wade fish around Mustang Island and Port A quite a bit. Here is a listing of some good spots Kayak and Fishing Page and some more GORP - Fly Fishing the Texas Coast - Redfish Bay Make sure to shuffle your feet, plenty of rays down there.

If you want to learn from the best, book a trip with this guy- Fly Fishing South Padre Island Texas with Captain Eric Glass

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.