The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2012, 01:17 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of
Default Hello from the Wasatch Front!

Greetings all, my name is Joe and I'm a little late with the introduction having joined this particular website last fall. I've gone by the tag of "Dizzy" on various other fishing websites, but it was taken here, so I had to come up with something else.

I'm currently (still) going through a major transition in my fly-fishing life having been born and raised in eastern Pennsylvania and fishing the limestone-rich streams of the Lehigh Valley and the wild free-stoners of the Pocono Mountains to now having to learn the tailwater fisheries of Utah after moving here in fall of 2010. So my home waters of Bushkill Creek, Saucon Creek, and Martins Creek as well as the Pocono Creek, Bushkill (yes, there are two), and Brodhead River have been replaced by the Provo River, Weber River, and American Fork here along the Wasatch Front in Utah. So far the results have been mixed; the scenery is by far more stunning, but to date the fishing results have been a bit of a setback… but it's still very much a work in progress, and a challenge that I welcome.

I am also an avid fly-tyer with a strong preference for tying/fishing wingless soft hackles in the tradition of Leisenring, Hidy, Nemes, and now Dave Hughes.

In my short time here I must say that this site is one of the best I've ever seen and can't figure out for the life of me why it took so long for me to find; lots of information to be found here as well as lot of fun and very knowledgeable anglers… and I look forward to sharing in all of that.

Tight lines,

Joe… aka: Dizzy… aka: Stenacron

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring
Old 05-10-2012, 01:32 PM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Hello from the Wasatch Front!

Well Hi Joe,

I have been seeing your posts and now have a name to associate with the threads. I'm a Pennsylvanian myself that has had the good fortune to live in different parts of our country over the years also. My best advice would be to stick to the things that have always worked because they seem to be best no matter where you find yourself fishing.

As for the forum.........I don't use many web sites and now you know why This is a wonderful thing, this group that uses this site. If you ever feel like showing your face we have a thread http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/fo...face-name.html There are over 500 posts on there with many pictures of members. It has been very popular and seeing someone takes away some of the anonymity of the computer.......

Good to have you here,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 05-10-2012, 03:05 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Belated welcome Joe....good idea to tell us more about you
Old 05-10-2012, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Joe,
I'm from the Northern Wasatch front up in Plain City. Good to meet you. There are several of us from the area on here now, perhaps we better have a NAFFF Wasatch Front Conclave?

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Last edited by fysh; 05-10-2012 at 05:11 PM.
Old 05-10-2012, 09:10 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Joe: Welcome to the forum and fishing the Rockies! We have several members here that get together (as Fysh indicated), and your more than welcome to join in if your interested.

Larry

Old 05-10-2012, 09:29 PM

Davo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud ofDavo has much to be proud of
Send a message via MSN to Davo Send a message via Skype™ to Davo

Welcome Joe! I moved out to the Rockies from PA also. I came by way of the Philly Main Line. Glad to have you here. Your right about the forum it is a great site, Mostly due to all the great members!! As Fysh and Larry stated you will have to find time for some of our member trips! always room for one more.

Upstream Anglers and Outdoor Adventures
Old 05-11-2012, 08:39 PM

stenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud ofstenacron has much to be proud of

Thank you for rolling out the welcome wagon guys… much appreciated. It's gonna be a crazy/busy summer but I just might be able to find my way onto one of those get-togethers.

I'll see what I can do about getting my ugly mug up on the "Putting a Face to the Name" thread as well.

"We fish for pleasure; I for mine, you for yours." -James Leisenring