The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2007, 10:06 PM

ZGreenlee is on a distinguished road
Default Hi, I'm Zach

Hey folks,

I've been lurking around here for a few weeks and just decided today to start posting. I'm from the San Joaquin Valey in California. I started fly fishing about 10 years ago but grew up spin fishing all over the Sierra Nevadas with my dad and brother.

Now I mostly fish the high sierra creeks during the summer and some of the central valley reservoirs and rivers during the colder months. I mostly fish trout but I love fishing for steelies and salmon too.

If anyone is looking for someone to go fishing for steelhead up in Northern California, I'd be more than happy to join you. I've never had a lot of luck with steelhead in CA and would like to learn a few tricks and techniques. I look forward to picking up a thing or two from you all.

Tight lines!

Zach
Old 11-23-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: Hi, I'm Zach

Hi Zach,

Glad to see you are starting to post. We have a lot of members in California and especially in the valley. I was born and raised in Fresno and have also spent a bunch of time in the high Sierra's. For Steelhead we use to go up north to the Ell and the Smith. The Ell had a bunch of fisherman but there was a good winter run of Steelhead. I caught my first salmon on the Ell. It was an old beat up male with flesh missing in two or three places on its body. It was a Hugh big salmon and I caught it fishing for Steelhead.

Frank
Old 11-24-2007, 03:44 PM

I'm not sure where the Ell is. At first glance I thought you were talking about the Eel which I've heard, at least used to be, a legendary river for steelies.
Old 11-24-2007, 04:43 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Zach,

Whoops, you got to give us old guys a break ever now and then. Of course I meant the Eel.

Frank
Old 11-24-2007, 05:58 PM

I initially thought that that was what you meant but you used the same spelling mroe than once so I thought you had a juicy tidbit for me. Thanks for the come back! I'd love to visit the eel some day. Too bad you don't still live in CA.
Old 11-26-2007, 03:33 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group man! Glad to have ya.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.