The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-14-2007, 08:16 PM

Craig24 is on a distinguished road
Default Another Texas Newbie!!

Hello everyone. I am new to the site but not new to fly fishing. My dad got me started about 12 years ago and I have been trying to get better since them. It looks like yall have a lot of good information here and great members. I am excited to see what everyone has to say. I hope everyone has a great holiday season. God Bless.

Craig
Old 12-15-2007, 05:33 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Another Texas Newbie!!

Welcome, Craig. Lot of Texans active on this Forum. Many fly fish Texas fresh and salt water, and some like me go out of state instead (in my case, the Rockies/New Mexico to Montana). What part of Texas are you from, and where and for what do you fly fish?
Old 12-17-2007, 12:55 AM

Thanks for the welcome. I am from Hartley Texas. I am about 20 miles from the New Mexico/Texas border. I also fly fish in New Mexico and Colorado. I am not much into saltwater fishing. Mainly mountain stream and lakes for trout. I only live about 2 1/2 hours from Cimarron New Mexico so it isn't much to pack up one weekend and go fishing. I have been fly fishing for a while but just recently I started going as much as possible. I am planning a trip to the San Juan next month and also 3 or 4 trips to New Mexico and Colorado in late spring early summer. Where are you from in Texas?

Craig
Old 12-17-2007, 08:17 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Must be nice to live so close to so many trout streams. Stay warm up there!

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-17-2007, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Craig24,

Welcome to the forum. A lot of good fishing in your area. Are you a fly tyer?

Frank
Old 12-17-2007, 12:17 PM

Fly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to beholdFly2Fish is a splendid one to behold

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craig24 View Post
Thanks for the welcome. I am from Hartley Texas. I am about 20 miles from the New Mexico/Texas border. I also fly fish in New Mexico and Colorado. I am not much into saltwater fishing. Mainly mountain stream and lakes for trout. I only live about 2 1/2 hours from Cimarron New Mexico so it isn't much to pack up one weekend and go fishing. I have been fly fishing for a while but just recently I started going as much as possible. I am planning a trip to the San Juan next month and also 3 or 4 trips to New Mexico and Colorado in late spring early summer. Where are you from in Texas?

Craig
Good area you live in, Craig. I used to (& still wished I did) live in El Paso, which is where I took fly-fishing up, since I spent all my recreational time up in New Mexico. If I wasn't skiing, I was fly-fishing. Unfortunately, I now live in the Houston area, so it is a bit more of a trip to get to the Rockies. Not as bad as it was when I lived for a while in Ohio!
Neil
Old 12-17-2007, 10:15 PM

Thanks again for the great welcome. I do feel very lucky to live as close as I do to some great fly fishing. I only got to make 3 trips last year but I hoping to double that in 2008! I am not a fly tryer at the time but I plan on getting into it very soon. My biggest fish to date is a 22" Brown that I caught up around South Fork Colorado. It was a huge rush and I have been hooked on fly fishing ever since.

Craig
Old 12-18-2007, 10:26 AM

STARMedic is on a distinguished road

Welcome to the forums from another Texas based transplant.

Bruce