The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-18-2007, 07:34 PM
ROVER is on a distinguished road
Default New to site but not to fishing

Hello,
I just wanted to say that this site looks great and i really enjoy being a member of it now. It seems like everyone here has something to offer the forum and i look forward to reading, replying, and posting.

A little about myself, I am most likely one of the younger guys on the site being 18, but don't let my generation impact your impression of me. I am a responsible and enthusiastic outdoorsmen. I respect nature and in return the benefits are endless....

I have been spin casting since i could walk and i have been fly fishing and hunting for about 3 or 4 years now. Personaly i enjoy bow hunting more than rifle but each is as enjoyable as the next. I am college bound and a student pilot.

There is no better way to spend a day than on the stream with a fly rod in hand, and i believe that many of you share the same interest.

See you around the forum.

Rover,
>-<>
Old 12-19-2007, 12:21 AM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New to site but not to fishing

Right on Rover. I am with you on the bow thing, but my shoulder is bad (too much rock-n-roll) now so I do like my rifles. Something about bow hunting. Like the one year I swore I was going to drop a deer with hot loads and my 44 Mag. Pistel would have been cool, but alas, no deer.
Tell about what you fish for and do you like rivers or stillwater?

Oh yeah, and WELCOME!
Old 12-19-2007, 07:05 AM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Rover,

Welcome to the forum. Looking forward to your participation. We have a few members around your age. Enjoy every minute of being in the field. It will never be as enjoyable as it is during this time of your life. When I was your age I lived and breathed fishing and hunting. As you get older other things seem to get in the way and it gets harder to find the time for all you want to do.

Frank
Old 12-19-2007, 12:20 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! Looking forward to your contributions.

Frank's advice is wise once again. I can vouch that you don't have to be his age for his last sentence to apply to you.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.
Old 12-19-2007, 01:11 PM
Joni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond reputeJoni has a reputation beyond repute

HECK NO! Age don't matter, either does GENDAR ;-)