The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2007, 07:14 PM

Icemanf4i is on a distinguished road
Default Nevada Native

Hello all. Im pretty new to fly fishing, Ive only fished 1 season so far and am getting ready to gear up for another go round after chuckar season is over. Im a native Nevadan and student at UNR. I graduate this year with a BA in Social Work. I hope to get to know you all. If you have any questions about fishing in northern Nevada (reno, carson city, winnemucca, elko, etc) please let me know.
Old 12-26-2007, 01:07 AM
Super Moderator

fyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond reputefyshstykr has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Nevada Native

Welcome to the site.
You will find plenty of good info here, don't be afraid to ask questions.
J.

*Comments posted above are only my opinion. I may be right....ehhh.....I'm certain they're wrong. Take 'em for what they're worth.*

Old 12-26-2007, 02:11 AM

zerolimit is on a distinguished road

Hi Iceman and welcome. I'm on down the other side of the summit in El Dorado Hills. You have some fabulous fisheries on the eastern slope. I managed to get in a few days this season on the E. Carson and W. Walker. Several Eastern Sierra streams are on my 08 must fish list.

I am just finishing up my first full season on the fly as well. At first it was a little overwhelming. Now that I understand it a bit about how little I understand, I've come to realize it's completely overwhelming. It is turning out to be one of the biggest life changing adventures I've had. I'd like to hear about how you did this year. I managed to make every mistake a rookie caster should and downright struggled many many times. But I fished more than in any year past and managed to catch a bunch of fish all said and done. I can't wait for the next opportunity to get on the water.

Anyway, I'm not a prolific poster I but have found this board to have a rare concentration of knowledgeable, selfless anglers and industry pros.
Old 12-26-2007, 09:46 AM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group! looking forward to your contributions

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.