The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2012, 02:43 PM

willyfish is on a distinguished road
Default Hello from Oregon!

Hello everyone,

My name is Willy and I am from northern Oregon. I am new to this forum and pretty new to fly fishing. My father worked for Umpqua Feather Merchants in the late 90s and I am pretty familiar with it, but I am just now picking it up at 27. Oh the things you take for granted. I do a lot of small mouth bass fishing, I happened to go with a friend to catch some trout on a fly rod, I did and now I am hooked as well! I started on a phlueger combo kit and just today purchased a sage and am looking for the right reel. Jumping in head first? Maybe. But I feel like Im in this for the long haul. So howdy!
Old 08-21-2012, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Hello from Oregon!

Willy....beware it's hard to start....but far harder to stop flyfishing....great forum and lots of good guys and....gals here
Old 08-21-2012, 03:15 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpbfly View Post
Willy....beware it's hard to start....but far harder to stop flyfishing....great forum and lots of good guys and....gals here
I bet! I hooked that rainbow and I was in! I was already a fishing addict now Fly fishing is all I want to do.
Old 08-21-2012, 04:36 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Willy: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing. Don't hesitate to ask questions, lots of very knowledgable folks here that are more than willing to help out.

Old 08-21-2012, 07:47 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi Willy.
From another addict in Australia Welcome,I hope you enjoy it here as I have over the last few years,lots of great people with heaps of info.
Brian.
Old 08-22-2012, 11:45 AM

Thanks everybody