The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-22-2012, 04:02 PM

vyse is on a distinguished road
Default Good Day from Northern Colorado!

Hello all...
I have been reading these forums off and on for nearly a year, and I have finally taken the time to join and introduce myself. I just started fly fishing last year, and I am totally and completely addicted. I have fished bait cast and spinners my entire life, but only took to the fly rod after a short trip on the White River in AR, and a guided trip near Jefferson, CO. Not sure if I even qualify as a novice yet... There are so many new things to learn. I have started tying as well, which seems to be an entire world in itself. I look forward to learning more from this site and the members here, and to spending much more time on the water!

-Ryan

Last edited by vyse; 08-23-2012 at 04:11 PM.
Old 08-22-2012, 06:26 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good Day from Northern Colorado!

Ryan: Welcome to the forum and the great sport of fly fishing! You're right, fly tying is a whole different animal, but just as fun, especially when you start landing fish on flies YOU have tied, nothing better.

Old 08-26-2012, 12:24 AM

Thank you for the warm welcome! I look forward to learning from all the amazing experience here!
Old 08-26-2012, 02:03 AM
Banned

Location: Lake of the Woods/Rainy River Minnesota Canada border
Guest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond reputeGuest1 has a reputation beyond repute

Welcome to the forum Ryan. I was born and raised there in Colorado. I went to highschool for the last 2 years in Ft. Collins, but I am from Dillon. By the way, I am going to be back in Dillon next month for a couple of days. I'm hoping to get a few casts in on the Blue and hopefully a few in Soda Creek.

There is a lot of great info on here and a lot of very helpful people. I'm sure you will enjoy your time here.
Old 08-26-2012, 05:07 AM

noreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nicenoreaster is just really nice

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyse View Post
Hello all...
I have been reading these forums off and on for nearly a year, and I have finally taken the time to join and introduce myself. I just started fly fishing last year, and I am totally and completely addicted. I have fished bait cast and spinners my entire life, but only took to the fly rod after a short trip on the White River in AR, and a guided trip near Jefferson, CO. Not sure if I even qualify as a novice yet... There are so many new things to learn. I have started tying as well, which seems to be an entire world in itself. I look forward to learning more from this site and the members here, and to spending much more time on the water!

-Ryan
Hey Ryan

Welcome. I am new to the forum too. Been fly fishing off and on for about 25 years. Only last 3 or 4 years that I have gotten serious. You seem to be in a perfect place to learn and become addicted. Would love to fish Colorado someday. How is the tying going? What kind of fish are you catchin'?
Old 09-03-2012, 11:33 AM

mcnerney,

I really enjoy fly tying. I took a few classes at my local shop and have probably tied 300 flies now. Everything from wooly buggers to parachute Adams, and lots of midges and nymphs. I dont get to fish often enough, but i have been into browns, brookies, and rainbows, as well as catching panfish at the lake with my wife. So much water, so little time.
Old 09-03-2012, 12:46 PM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute

Ryan...great place here with tons of info and lots of helpful guys and...gals
Old 09-03-2012, 02:30 PM

thorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura aboutthorsten has a spectacular aura about

Hello Ryan,

I am also a new member of this excellent forum - it is really fantastic

THORSTEN
Old 09-03-2012, 06:37 PM

Thorsten, jpbfly, noreaster, Diver Dan, mcnerney, thank you all for the kind welcome. There is so much great info here, it is tough to pick a place to start. I have one 5wt. fly rig, and I am still trying to figure out what to do on the river and the lake as well. I really enjoy getting out on a small stream... Size of fish is not as important to me as getting away from the city and finding solitude.
Old 09-03-2012, 07:49 PM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

Quote:
Originally Posted by vyse View Post
mcnerney,

I really enjoy fly tying. I took a few classes at my local shop and have probably tied 300 flies now. Everything from wooly buggers to parachute Adams, and lots of midges and nymphs. I dont get to fish often enough, but i have been into browns, brookies, and rainbows, as well as catching panfish at the lake with my wife. So much water, so little time.
Ryan: Those parachute adams setup in a dry/dropper rig have been working great for me, you might want to give that a go. I hear you about so much water and so little time, and I'm retired!