The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2008, 12:20 PM

todd r is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up "hey yall" from upstate sc

I have always loved to fish. I mostly trout fish with an ulta-light spinning reel. I have three daughters and I take atleast one of them every time I go. I had always had an intrest in fly fishing but couldn't aford to spend alot of money to try something that I didn't know if I would like or not. Last week I bought two fly rods that I found in a pawn shop for $20 each. I went out in the yard and tried it out, it went so so for the first time I ever tried but I knew I needed help. I found this forum, joined and got the free e-book. I went through the book on Sunday and felt like I got alot of usefull info. I decided to practice at a pond across the street yesterday. I caught 9 blue gill in an hour. It was great, I couldn't even sleep last night. I found a local fly fisherman who is going to help me. I'm going to keep practicing but I can't wait to hit the river for my first trout on the flyrod. Thanks for the great info on this forum. Todd
Old 01-01-2008, 01:20 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton
Default Re: "hey yall" from upstate sc

Hi Todd,

Welcome to the forum. Most first time fly fishers don't do that well. Glad to hear you found the book helpful. A friend to help you will cut down on you learning curve. Looking forward to your post. Does your friend tye flies?

Frank
Old 01-01-2008, 05:08 PM

todd r is on a distinguished road

He does tie flies and teaches some classes on fly fishing. I met him while my family was doing some vol. work at a local state park two years ago. I vol. at the park durring the summers on fri-sun, 4 hours each day and get the camp site for free. My family enjoys the park and I get lots of fishing time. He told me he would help me learn to fly fish , so I decided to take him up on his offer. He told me that he will set me up with some flies that will work the best in our area.
Old 01-01-2008, 05:13 PM
Administrator

Frank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond reputeFrank Whiton has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Skype™ to Frank Whiton

Hi Todd,

Well, you will be fly fishing and tying flies in no time. It is a great hobby, especially if you have some spare time.

Frank
Old 01-02-2008, 12:08 PM
Super Moderator

BigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant futureBigCliff has a brilliant future

Welcome to the group and the sport! sounds like you're having fun already.

I'd rather hunt fish than bait deer any day.