The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 02:19 PM

boogie d is on a distinguished road
Default Aloha from Oahu

Aloha... Wow this is quite a forum... I spent some time looking around.. I was referred to this site by Stan Wright... My name is David Elgas... I was born in Cali but have lived in Hawaii for 23 years... I love fishing... all kinds of fishing... Even bait fishing... I started fly fishing when I was about 13... I got pretty good at it... I was able to get a lot of practice on crappie and blue gills…

Living in Hawaii has been a dream... I came here for the surf but I have met some great anglers and got to fish for a lot of big game... Over the years one thing led to another and now I am pro staff kayak angler... I write articles for the Hawaii Fishing News and other publications... I have been fortunate to have fished some very amazing places with some really great people... I have gained a great deal of respect for all types of anglers... a few years back I was sitting on the back of boat in Mexico talking about dream trips when someone asked me of my dream trip.. I replied Christmas Island (Kiritimati) is the place I want to go next... And so it began...

Over the next 2 years... myself and Allen Sansano went to work to make this dream a reality... we worked a deal with the Kiribati National Tourism Office and a local lodge to secure a contract with a reasonable return rate... of course we had to do a lot of work to achieve that including the shipping of 5 kayaks to Christmas Island, producing a major story, building web site, and etc... But this dream became a reality and this year I was able to fish for three weeks at Christmas Island... I can tell you first hand that the fishing is as good as it gets here... there are a lot of big fish here... Big GT’s are everywhere… And there are small bones by the millions... not to mention the offshore fishing… I am positive if you ever dreamed of going to this place you will fully enjoy yourself… Thanks Stan Wright for inspiring me to go..

One of our main goals with Christmas Island was not to make a bunch of money but to get the prices down as low as we could so the local people could get the much needed work and so that travelers could get here at a reasonable price… We now can offer the best priced, full package fishing rates at Christmas Island.
Not only did we want to open it up for kayak anglers but for fly fisherman as well... My next quest... hmmm.. I have been dreaming of spending time in Chile... we will see where this crazy life of fishing takes me next... live aloha… live your dreams… and thank you for having me on your site... MAHALO... David "Boogie-D" Elgas

Last edited by mcnerney; 09-08-2012 at 04:53 PM. Reason: Not a business member
Old 09-09-2012, 01:16 AM
Administrator

Hardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond reputeHardyreels has a reputation beyond repute
Send a message via Yahoo to Hardyreels Send a message via Skype™ to Hardyreels
Default Re: Aloha from Oahu

Hello David,

It's always good to hear about someone who has achieved their goals. Welcome to the forum. As you look around the site and read threads you will find that this is a great place to share information about fishing. It is also a good place for asking questions and finding information. You may find it beneficial to just show a few pictures and talk a little bit about the species you fish for and the techniques you use, rather than making posts that sort of look like you're looking for business. By becoming a regular contributing member you may be surprised; people may become interested in your operation. For instance my wife and I will be visiting Hawaii this coming February.

Anyway welcome to the forum,

Ard

Life On The Line - Alaska Fishing with Ard

The Alaska Fishing & Outdoors Blog;
Old 09-09-2012, 10:20 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Aloha from Oahu

Reading your post make me 'Green with Envy.' Sounds like a heck of a deal.

fred