The North American Fly Fishing Forum

Go Back   The North American Fly Fishing Forum > Back at the Lodge > Member Introductions

Member Introductions Introduce yourself and get to know other forum members...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-03-2012, 09:29 AM

jsquires has a spectacular aura aboutjsquires has a spectacular aura about
Default New member from Northern CA

Hello, everyone. John Squires is my name. I'm a brand-new member and very happy to have found this forum - I am really enjoying every aspect of the site. I fish Northern CA, of course, buy my main interest over the years has been wilderness fishing, CA, ID, WY, MT, and the last several years in AK. After quite a few trips to Alaska, I started giving presentations to fly clubs about my trips. One thing led to another and this past August I took my first clients to the Alaskan wilderness. I look foward to many years of enjoyment on this forum and hope I can contribute a bit here and there.
Old 10-03-2012, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator

jpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond reputejpbfly has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: New member from Northern CA

John...looking forward to seeing your contributions
Old 10-03-2012, 11:28 AM
Administrator

mcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond reputemcnerney has a reputation beyond repute

John: Welcome to the forum!

PS: Just a gentle reminder that you can't advertise your business on the forum unless you decide to become a business member of the forum. You also aren't allowed to invite members to your Blog or Web site; however, you can add a link to your blog or web site in your signature block.

Larry

Old 10-03-2012, 11:43 AM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

Greeting John! I live just out side of Medford, Oregon; where are you located in Nor-Ca?

Fred
Old 10-03-2012, 12:04 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mcnerney View Post
John: Welcome to the forum!

PS: Just a gentle reminder that you can't advertise your business on the forum unless you decide to become a business member of the forum. You also aren't allowed to invite members to your Blog or Web site; however, you can add a link to your blog or web site in your signature block.

Larry
Hi, Larry.
I apologize, I in no way was I trying to advertise - that's why I did not mention the name of my company. I have a "regular" job and my presentations are, as I said, geared toward helping others plan their own trips. But, as you know, sometimes things take on a life of their own and we get taken along for the ride. Thank you for the heads-up.
BTW, I love Pinedale.

---------- Post added at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:59 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Greeting John! I live just out side of Medford, Oregon; where are you located in Nor-Ca?

Fred
Fred, I live in the East Bay at the moment, San Ramon, although we're looking for a place to retire.
I love Oregon. I spoke at the McKenzie Fly Fishers last year. Great group of people. You're very fortunate to live where you do - but you already know that.
John
Old 10-03-2012, 04:22 PM

fredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond reputefredaevans has a reputation beyond repute

[QUOTE=jsquires;488269

Fred, I live in the East Bay at the moment, San Ramon, although we're looking for a place to retire.
I love Oregon. I spoke at the McKenzie Fly Fishers last year. Great group of people. You're very fortunate to live where you do - but you already know that.
John[/QUOTE]

Indeed I am John, indeed I am. Oregon (the entire State) has fewer folks than live in the counties (5?) that surround the Bay Area. Better yet, 2/3's are at least 100 miles north of me.

In the retirement mode, look at our area. Seriously good place to hang 'an old hat.'

Fred
Old 10-03-2012, 06:17 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fredaevans View Post
Indeed I am John, indeed I am. Oregon (the entire State) has fewer folks than live in the counties (5?) that surround the Bay Area. Better yet, 2/3's are at least 100 miles north of me.

In the retirement mode, look at our area. Seriously good place to hang 'an old hat.'

Fred
I have a friend, Fred, from the Lodi area who moved to Eugene a few years back. He has converted me to a Ducks fan. I went to the Cal game up there last year. What a great stadium and great fans!
I will put Medford on my short list of places to check out for a retirement cabin. Is there an airport nearby so we can fly to the Sacramento area to visit kids and grandkids?
Old 10-03-2012, 06:26 PM

Not sure about Sac, but direct flights (last I looked) to SFO and Oakland. I'll dig up a airline 'where to link' and post up for you. That said, from Medford to Sac is a tad over 4 hours down I-5.
Fred

Edit/To/from flights ... have no idea what "RON" may be.

http://www.co.jackson.or.us/Files/Se...ht%20Final.pdf
Old 10-03-2012, 06:59 PM

Liphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to beholdLiphookedau is a splendid one to behold

Hi John.
Welcome,I hope you enjoy it here as much as we all do.
Brian.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:57 PM

siskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nicesiskiyoublues is just really nice

Where I live we call that Middle California.
Welcome!

Steelheader's Anonymous.