The North American Fly Fishing Forum

The North American Fly Fishing Forum (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/)
-   Member Introductions (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/)
-   -   New Member from North Carolina (http://www.theflyfishingforum.com/forums/member-introductions/298935-new-member-north-carolina.html)

drydropper 10-08-2012 07:00 PM

New Member from North Carolina

Hello everyone. I have joined this forum and wanted to tell you a little about myself. I've been flyfishing and fly tying for 11 years now and still enjoy it just as much as when I started. I started out fishing catch and release streams and then moved to fishing for wild fish and also tailrace fish. I much prefer the tailrace fishery and go every chance I get. I live in Western North Carolina and there are many places to fish for trout. I also fish for smallmouth in some nearby rivers as well as target some large panfish in a couple of farm ponds.

I'm looking forward to learning more about this sport as I glean from the threads your wisdom and experiences.

Drydropper

jpbfly 10-09-2012 10:23 AM

Re: New Member from North Carolina

:welcomean drydropper....looks like not many members have seen your intro:rolleyes:...so bump;)
Not surprised you still enjoy it after eleven years...I'm still like a kid afterxxxx years:eek::)...don't want others to say I'm an old fart:D

fredaevans 10-09-2012 11:15 AM

Add my warm welcome to the Forum; good folks 'live here.'

Fred

Jackster 10-09-2012 01:16 PM

Welcome. This is a heck of a good site and your off to a heck of a good start by having the courtesy of telling us a bit about yourself.
Now that I know you live in NC we'll have to swap stories and honey-holes!
If you're around in May, think about coming to the SE council of the FFF fly fishing festival at Western Carolina U. We have the run of the place so will have plenty of room inside and outside for classes, vendor booths, exhibits and casting galore, not to mention a trout stream running through the campus from what I'm told.
Again, welcome. Pull up a chair, put your feet up and enjoy the campfire!

drydropper 10-09-2012 06:21 PM

Thanks jpb, Fred, and Jack. This place does have a good feel to it.

Jackster,I would love to take you up on the offer of attending the fly fishing festival. Just curious .... did those nymphs work for you on the SOHO .... the ones I left under your windshield wiper?

stimulator2 10-09-2012 08:53 PM

Welcome to the forum .It's good to see you enjoy tying after 11yrs. i have been tying for 28yrs and i still learn from these ladies and gentlemen on here.This is a great place to get info on lots of things.

Hardyreels 10-09-2012 10:37 PM

So there you have it, you're at the right place with the right bunch of on line fishing buddies. Welcome to the forum, hint.......everyone here loves pictures of mountains & creeks :)

Ard

Liphookedau 10-09-2012 10:46 PM

Hi drydropper.
I'll go along with everyone else & extend to you a Very Warm Welcome.
Brian.

mcnerney 10-09-2012 11:41 PM

Dry dropper: Welcome to the forum! Looking forward to reading about your fishing adventures.

Larry

Jackster 10-10-2012 08:39 AM

It ends up, I know this daytripper fella and quite the 'good 'urn' he is!
He's a fish magnet and ties the prettiest, gettiness flies known to man.
Just hope he joins any swaps you might enter!